New Tiki Cat pates!

soleiil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Petsmart has the new Tiki Cat After Dark pates! They have only a few flavors so far (Duck and Chicken Liver, Beef and Beef Liver, Venison and Beef Liver, Rabbit and Chicken Liver). At $1.79 each for 3oz, they're pricey. I checked Chewy and other websites to compare prices but they don't stock the pates. Jasper and Ollie pretty much inhaled the Duck flavor. I had to start mixing it with FF because of the cost, but I'm definitely keeping it in the rotation. :lol:

I'm really happy Tiki Cat has pates in cans now. My two love the mousse texture, but I always made a mess with those pouches and getting all the food out was a pain. :headshake:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice :) Can you post a picture of what the food looks like in the can?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those look pretty good, thanks for mentioning this! I noticed they also have new "Special" foods in pouches, where there's a focus on something like digestion or weight management. Our cats have loved Tiki, then hated Tiki, but now they love it again so I'll have to give some of these a try.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have not seen these yet, I'll be on the lookout too.
My girls did NOT like the regular After Dark varieties at all but maybe in that texture they might.

EDIT: Just went to their website and saw they also have a raw variety. I had NO idea about this. Never seen it either. That too is very interesting to me!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Good to know! I've bought the shredded Tiki foods but my cats won't eat it.

Time 2 Recognize

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My only wish is that especially for the price (petsmart online seems to say regular retail is $2 for a 3oz!?), they had made them all limited protein rather than include chicken in some of those for the sake of the kitties that have allergies. Mine does not, but I'd like to not give her chicken every single day

Swttea

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got a couple of cans of this to try today. My kitten absolutely inhaled the rabbit flavor. She was purring while eating. I have never saw her eat so enthusiastic, and she finished 90% of what I put on her plate - usually she eats half or less of what’s there and comes back later.

Consider me impressed lol. It is certainly too expensive to feed exclusively. I will have it in rotation for sure. I hope Chewy stocks it soon!!