New television?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What brand of television do you have? Do you like it? Would you buy it again?

I'm looking for a 55-to-65-inch television and I'm completely lost. I was roaming through Consumer Reports, set my mind on an LG 65-inch OLED, 4K, blah, blah, smart tv that CR said was pretty good. They they started talking about image burn-in. And many of the reviews also talked about burn-in. I looked at a Samsung curved UHD, 4K. bells and whistles, smart tv. But what's so special about a curved tv anyway? Does it help with viewing? Can you still put it on a wall?

There's no way I can afford the Sony that I want. Well, I can, but that shoots the budget right out the window.

We have JVCs in the house. There is no way on god's green earth that I will ever buy another JVC television. Rick's JVC in the living room is simply gorgeous; mine in the bedroom? Not so much. The color simply isn't there. And it's virtually impossible to watch when it's sunny outside; it's simply too dark. We've finangled, we've adjusted that thing until we're blue. Nada.

Rick wants to wait until Black Friday. My take on that is yeah, BF is always good. IF you can get to the store in time to get what you want. And our early morning BF is always PetSmart for litter and food. Cats come first.

Ideas? Opinions? Thanks.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally have had terrible luck with Sony flat screen TVs. Only lasting a few years and the cost to repair was almost the amount of a new tv. I’m quite happy with my Samsung smart flat screen. It’s 55 inches. My husband will never buy anything LG brand. He’s had bad luck with LG cell phone and washing machines.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not the best one to ask about tv's since we keep ours forever and both have stood the test of time. The larger one is an LG and smaller one is a Sony. DH would like to get a newer tv but my motto is, "if it's not broke don't fix it."

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm on team Samsung. They make great TV's. I have one that DH bought about 10 years ago. It's one of the first 3d ones. I think it's 55". I really like it. When he bought it, it came with a blu ray player, 2 pairs of 3d glasses and all 3 Shrek movies (the third one is in 3d).

All of our TV's are Samsung.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Samsung 47" set that we got on sale at Sam's Club 3 years ago. It is a 4K smart set, and we have had no issues with it at all.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Vizio I brought about 5 years ago and I have not had any problems with it. I had a Sony that only lasted 5 years and then I started having problems with it. The best TV I had was a Sears TV and it lasted 16 years with out a problem.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought my 46 inch Samsung Smart TV in 2011...still going ... fingers crossed.