Important New Site Guides!

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, and forgive if this isn't the place to post this. I was wondering if the "Unanswered" has gone away.

This could still be something you're all working on, not sure. It's one of the threads I'd search first.

Although I thought the old site was stellar compared to other forums out there, I do understand the need for upgrade from a software standpoint.

This looks pretty nice and is user friendly, its a matter of getting familiar.

I can't wait to play around and find all my TCS friends. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello, and forgive if this isn't the place to post this. I was wondering if the "Unanswered" has gone away.

This could still be something you're all working on, not sure. It's one of the threads I'd search first.

Although I thought the old site was stellar compared to other forums out there, I do understand the need for upgrade from a software standpoint.

This looks pretty nice and is user friendly, its a matter of getting familiar.

I can't wait to play around and find all my TCS friends. :)
For now it has gone away. Once we get settled in, it's on the "down the road" wish list to be able to highlight unanswered posts. :)

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first impression is WOW!!
BUT.... I cannot find the 5 or 6 posts I was keeping track of before
Also, if it is possible to say post a tutorial to help identify all the changes. Maybe it's my old age, but I am feeling lost right now. If I could find the threads that I keep close watch over, I will figure out the rest as I go along. Please advise, thanks.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Also, if it is possible to say post a tutorial to help identify all the changes. Maybe it's my old age, but I am feeling lost right now. If I could find the threads that I keep close watch over, I will figure out the rest as I go along. Please advise, thanks.
There is an "alert" in the upper right-hand corner. When someone posts in a thread you are watching, you will get an alert. You can tell if you are watching a thread as there will be an eye next to it in the forum list.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, never mind about the threads I was following, I just found them, still a tutorial would help. I think others would agree. Any thoughts? Thanks

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, never mind about the threads I was following, I just found them, still a tutorial would help. I think others would agree. Any thoughts? Thanks
Anne wrote a bunch of tutorials that are listed in the first post. :) If you have any specific questions, please do ask. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There will be more tutorials coming. There's tons of nifty little tricks this platform knows how to do! I focused on the necessities first but definitely more to come!

D

Deleted member 115554

Does this help?

https://thecatsite.com/watched/threads/all

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far so good. I need to view the tutorials also.

Just curious about Saved Drafts. Are any Drafts saved and is this also an option going forward.

Great job - This is actually moving along more quickly than I had expected:)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just curious about Saved Drafts. Are any Drafts saved and is this also an option going forward.
Drafts are saved for 48 hours. They should be saved in the reply box of a thread you're replying to.
If you're working on the first post in a thread, then the next time you get back to that particular forum and start a new thread, the draft will show up in the editor.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Is there an icon to bring up the "watched/threads/all" link?

EDIT TO ADD: Did some more looking around and found it on my own. :)
Awesome! I found that many things can be done in several ways here. The way I keep watch of my alerts is click the little icon on the top right corner for "alerts" -
Capture.JPG

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
By the way, if anyone has more questions it might be better if you could start a new thread per question. Some may actually be issues that we need to handle and it will be easier to mark them for other team members to handle. Thanks!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there an icon to bring up the "watched/threads/all" link?

EDIT TO ADD: Did some more looking around and found it on my own. :)
Yes rubysmama, it does. The more I surf the new website, I pick up something more each time. I thank you, though, it's good to know I am not the only one who was basically "lost" at first. It's getting better, and I know once I get used to all the changes, I will like it.:)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes rubysmama, it does. The more I surf the new website, I pick up something more each time. I thank you, though, it's good to know I am not the only one who was basically "lost" at first. It's getting better, and I know once I get used to all the changes, I will like it.:)
We were lost at first too. :) There are still things we are all trying to figure out. :)

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were lost at first too. :) There are still things we are all trying to figure out. :)
I think my old brain has had enough "new" stuff for a lifetime, so this may just wipe me out as an advisor, although I may learn how to post occasionally if I ever find anything I might be useful posting about. I ALWAYS started with the "unanswered posts" so the fact that this has gone away stops me right at the beginning. There were two I saved from the old site (now maybe five days ago) and perhaps I can learn to PM those people now that I can get into the site, but I don't have the time, the patience or the brains for too much new computer learning. I already gave up on the "smart phone" and hated it. I use it as a camera now.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Good to see you here, Kaia! As long as you can post in a thread, I know there's a lot you can do here to help the cats! :lovecat:
I will be looking into creating a filter for seeing unanswered posts. It might be something as easy as a search link. I just need to get through some more urgent stuff first.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to see you here, Kaia! As long as you can post in a thread, I know there's a lot you can do here to help the cats! :lovecat:
I will be looking into creating a filter for seeing unanswered posts. It might be something as easy as a search link. I just need to get through some more urgent stuff first.
Thanks to your great directions, I can now post in threads again. The learning is going faster than I expected in some areas. Now that I get notified of new posts in threads I've posted in, I have reconfigured my laptop to label and move those files into the TCS Subscriptions folder, just like it used to do, so they are out of my overly full inbox and won't get missed as long as I check the TCS Subscriptions folder, which I always did. I think the new format is going to be just as workable as the old one was once I get used to it.