New self cleaning litter box with app feature

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The app feature lets you know when to empty the waste bin and tracks the cat's litter box habits and even weight. The box requires electricity to run. Manual scooping will be needed in case of a power outage (the horror for people who buy the box solely to avoid scooping daily :eek:). The litter box isn't available to buy yet but there's a wait list.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh if only I could justify the price of these litter boxes. I suppose if you have a cat with health problems then you easily justify it. I like the fact that it monitors you cat's weight and habits.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Given that it has an app feature and runs on electricity, I would guess the cost at over $100.

Radtech49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bet it's closer to $300. I have the litter robot and I'm pretty happy with it. It has it's problems, but still better than scooping 2-3x a day. I'm considering upgrading to the wifi version. The nice thing about litter robot is that you can buy the individual parts to repair or upgrade your robot. And it doesn't void the warranty to do so.

linzy383

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bet it's closer to $300. I have the litter robot and I'm pretty happy with it. It has it's problems, but still better than scooping 2-3x a day. I'm considering upgrading to the wifi version. The nice thing about litter robot is that you can buy the individual parts to repair or upgrade your robot. And it doesn't void the warranty to do so.
We have the wifi one and I love it. I like knowing when it's stuck right away or full so I can fix it. Our LR2 had a nice, long life of over 10 years so I'm looking forward to this one lasting just as long.

Radtech49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have the wifi one and I love it. I like knowing when it's stuck right away or full so I can fix it. Our LR2 had a nice, long life of over 10 years so I'm looking forward to this one lasting just as long.
Good to know! So, let me ask you, if your robot gets stuck halfway around, does it notify you and you can reset it through the app? A few times a month, i come home to find the robot stopped either halfway or completely upside down, orange light flashing slowly and one of the cats has peed on the steps(even though there's another perfectly good robot upstairs, but they can't be bothered). I normally just have to shake it a little bit and it finishes the cycle. I've thought about upgrading the circuit board to the wifi if I could take care of this problem from work.

linzy383

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good to know! So, let me ask you, if your robot gets stuck halfway around, does it notify you and you can reset it through the app? A few times a month, i come home to find the robot stopped either halfway or completely upside down, orange light flashing slowly and one of the cats has peed on the steps(even though there's another perfectly good robot upstairs, but they can't be bothered). I normally just have to shake it a little bit and it finishes the cycle. I've thought about upgrading the circuit board to the wifi if I could take care of this problem from work.
Unfortunately it doesn't do that through the app. Usually when mine gets stuck, it's because it came off balance and I have to shake a little and it works again. I have done the circuit board replacement on our LRII and it was really easy if you still decide to do it.

Radtech49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately it doesn't do that through the app. Usually when mine gets stuck, it's because it came off balance and I have to shake a little and it works again. I have done the circuit board replacement on our LRII and it was really easy if you still decide to do it.

That's unfortunate. The only reason I'd switch to the wifi board is to reset it when this happens. I will say, it's a huge plus that everything on the robot is so easily exchanged/fixed. I recently had to replace a part on my robot 3. They sent me the part and it didn't void the warranty for me to do the work on it.