New rules for Game Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Please give warning before banning if possible some people may have just genuinely made a mistake (wrong thread) or had a computer problem (double posting)
Wow, I'm actually offended that you think we would do that. Of course people make mistakes. We all do. I certainly have in some of the game threads. Of course we would notify people about their mistakes and give them another chance well before banning. We're not heartless. :dk: I'm also talking about banning from a single thread, not the whole site.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry didn't mean it that way. I've been banned from another site because my computer froze up and I accidentally sent 5 of the same message thinking it wasn't sending. I'm a bit paranoid about it I guess.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry didn't mean it that way. I've been banned from another site because my computer froze up and I accidentally sent 5 of the same message thinking it wasn't sending. I'm a bit paranoid about it I guess.
Oh we would never do something like that here. That's awful that they did that to you!

MsBobina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No worries. Just having fun.:crazy:
Welcome!

Mia
I'm sorry Mia, I honestly didn't mean anything bad by that. I read the whole thread and was just trying to say that it didn't seem like anyone was paranoid for worrying.

>A newbie getting comfortable too quickly. I apologize.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been guilty of this several times because I wasn't posting on the last entry but thought I was. Someone else pointed out that with the new website this has become more difficult because the posts are numbered but don't say #28 of #30 for instance. It's easy to be caught on what appears to be the last page when it isn't.

I doubt if anyone deliberately makes an illegal post.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Mia, I honestly didn't mean anything bad by that. I read the whole thread and was just trying to say that it didn't seem like anyone was paranoid for worrying.

>A newbie getting comfortable too quickly. I apologize.
No sweetie, I meant no worries, we are just having fun in the Games and Fun Forum.
We all make errors including myself. No big deal. :)

Hugs,

Mia

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...We all make an occasional mistake from time to time, but its been excessive in some cases. ... it either throws it off track or makes in some to a complete standstill. ...

From now on if you make three mistakes in a game thread you will no longer be allowed to post in that particular thread.

Thanks for your understanding.
We really don't have a lot of rules for the games. There's the one listed above. We prefer that there are no posts with just chit-chat. It's OK to post your response to the post above and then add some chit-chat in, but it's not fair to just post chit-chat as it ruins the flow of the thread. We do also prefer that you don't post twice in a row. ...

Game threads are closed after 500 posts and ...
Adding to this since the games have been moved to their own area. We are going to let game threads to go 1000 posts now and see how it goes.

I have a proposal, and not only because I would benefit from it (lol, it's easy to make mistakes in game threads!). The original "three mistakes" for game threads was for 500-post threads; then this past January, the game threads were upped to 1000 posts, double the previous amount.

Could we up the mistakes to being doubled as well? Like, six mistakes?! Or we could square the mistake amount... to total nine mistakes?!

sm-031.gif

sm-4.gif

hmSmiley.gif

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think anyone should ever be banned from a game thread. We all make mistakes.
We are in this group because of our love of kitties. No one knows what is going on with
people; maybe they are grieving for a lost kitty, not feeling well, having marital problems
or whatever. The last thing they need is to have their errors pointed out. Most of the time
the error is caused by skipping a letter of the alphabet. So just skip that letter and
move on.

I had my own chronic pain Forum with another person with over 1,000 members.
We had games and no one was ever banned for making mistakes. I have been in
several different types of Forums, political, current events, etc and no one was banned
for making errors.

Let's be kind to each other. :itslove:

Mia

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While you make great points about not knowing what's going on in people's lives, and that people make simple mistakes (like skipping a letter, or like someone said above, the posts aren't numbered like #28 of #30 and such), games have rules and, to me, it is the game's parameters and limitations that makes games fun. Some games are just fun, others have a bit more of a challenge to them. I think the "mistakes" that should be tallied are when the game rules aren't followed, not like simpler mistakes of not refreshing the page in time to stay current, etc. (unless that happens a kazillion times, I guess).

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
You make a good point as well but I stand by opinion that no one should be "banned".
Just the word itself does not have a great connotation.

Mia

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Question... If you give an answer that was given previously, is that considered a mistake? Some of these games have SO many pages it would take forever to read through them to make sure I don't duplicate.

I'm a firstborn so I have an inherent fear of breaking rules. :lol:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Man, I need more coffee to respond here. :agree:

We give a LOT of leeway for mistakes. It's usually more than three times before you hear from one of us. We've never had to ban anyone from a game thread as of yet, because after realizing that they are making a lot of mistakes, they try to correct themselves and realize why they are making the mistakes.

If someone is not following the rules and consistently making mistakes, it's not fair to everyone else. That's all there is to it. As far as no one should ever be banned from a thread - I recently had someone say that they no longer play in most of the game threads because a few members make too many mistakes. How is that right? :dunno: Also, you are not dealing with the reported posts and messages from people that are consistently making mistakes. All of the Mods' time can be better spent than policing game threads, believe me. I personally try not to police this forum other than starting new threads, closing threads and bumping old ones, unless there are issues pointed out to me. If you are on the Mod radar for games, there is a reason. :agree:

Having said that, if you do see someone consistently making the same mistake, please do flag it or PM a Mod.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Question... If you give an answer that was given previously, is that considered a mistake? Some of these games have SO many pages it would take forever to read through them to make sure I don't duplicate.

I'm a firstborn so I have an inherent fear of breaking rules. :lol:
Last child here! :wave3: :lol:

I am saying a big NO for this. If there can be 1,000 posts in a thread, there is no way there aren't going to be repeats. I know I've done it. :agree:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You make a good point as well but I stand by opinion that no one should be "banned".
Just the word itself does not have a great connotation.

Mia
lol, I agree!
Maybe... like I did to myself yesterday or the day before when I blew it in a game... more of like someone going to a Time Out Corner or a Reeducation Corner??!! (I'm trying to joke a little!)
sm-117.gif

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Time Out Corner or a Reeducation Corner??!! (I'm trying to joke a little!)

Time out, lol! I like that, ha!!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think anyone should ever be banned from a game thread. We all make mistakes.We are in this group because of our love of kitties. No one knows what is going on with people; maybe they are grieving for a lost kitty, not feeling well, having marital problems or whatever. The last thing they need is to have their errors pointed out. Most of the time the error is caused by skipping a letter of the alphabet. So just skip that letter and
move on.

I had my own chronic pain Forum with another person with over 1,000 members.
We had games and no one was ever banned for making mistakes. I have been in
several different types of Forums, political, current events, etc and no one was banned
for making errors.

Let's be kind to each other. :itslove:

Mia
:yeah:

All of the Mods' time can be better spent than policing game threads, believe me.
LOL. So stop policing the game threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.