New rules for Game Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We have a lot of game threads going right now. There have been more instances than normal of members not following the rules and instructions in the thread. We all make an occasional mistake from time to time, but its been excessive in some cases. It's really not fair to everyone else that plays the game as it either throws it off track or makes in some to a complete standstill.

Unfortunately it has been happening enough where we have to create some new rules.

From now on if you make three mistakes in a game thread you will no longer be allowed to post in that particular thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We really don't have a lot of rules for the games. There's the one listed above. We prefer that there are no posts with just chit-chat. It's OK to post your response to the post above and then add some chit-chat in, but it's not fair to just post chit-chat as it ruins the flow of the thread. We do also prefer that you don't post twice in a row. I've been known to do it to bump up some old game threads though. :lol3:

Game threads are closed after 500 posts and we ask that you don't restart the same thread. Anyone can start a new game thread and we welcome it, but please start one that isn't already going or has just been closed.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. :)

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Adding to this since the games have been moved to their own area. We are going to let game threads to go 1000 posts now and see how it goes.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you consider to be a mistake? Are you referring to my post?  I remember once I did not go back far enough in the thread and someone got quite rude about. Since the song title was closed I haven't really done any game post. I'm getting a complex about screwing it up.  

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you consider to be a mistake? Are you referring to my post?  I remember once I did not go back far enough in the thread and someone got quite rude about. Since the song title was closed I haven't really done any game post. I'm getting a complex about screwing it up.  
Whenever I see a post that someone did something wrong I always think they mean me! I'm getting paranoid. :)

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise

As someone who posts often on game threads, we all make mistakes!  So keep posting!  If someone is rude, that is their problem.  I always double check after I have posted to make sure I did not step on someone else's posts or have missed a page - my most common error.  

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Consider the OP was from last year, I'm guessing it's not anything you did recently :)

And YAY for going to 1000! Some of these games get to 500 sooooo quickly!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My only worry about game threads that are moved up to 1000 posts is that if I am a thread starter, I feel responsible to monitor the thread as often as I can to check for "mistakes" so as to help AbbysMom not feel too burdened with her own monitoring of threads. If a thread is pushed to 1000 posts, this may be a bit more of a problem for me to help in monitoring it. But I do like that the game threads will be longer than 500 posts! Fun

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Hey, don't worry about screwing games up, Muffy. We've all done it and it's never intentional. Join in and have fun! 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to PM you. :)

Consider the OP was from last year, I'm guessing it's not anything you did recently :)
:yeah:

My only worry about game threads that are moved up to 1000 posts is that if I am a thread starter, I feel responsible to monitor the thread as often as I can to check for "mistakes" so as to help AbbysMom not feel too burdened with her own monitoring of threads. If a thread is pushed to 1000 posts, this may be a bit more of a problem for me to help in monitoring it. But I do like that the game threads will be longer than 500 posts! Fun
Don't worry about that and just have fun. :D

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
May I ask why threads are closed after 1000 replies? What purpose does this serve? There are a lot of games that I really enjoy and would like to keep playing.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May I ask why threads are closed after 1000 replies? What purpose does this serve? There are a lot of games that I really enjoy and would like to keep playing.
Maybe to keep things fresh? IIRC, they do let a new thread similar to an old game be started, but only after some time has passed. 1,000 posts is really quite a lot.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Looks like this emoticon ...... :ref: .......... will be flashed very frequently [emoji]128517[/emoji] :lol3:

Can't find the yellow card :think:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've stopped playing from my phone, weird things happen. 
I do very little on this site from my phone. I'm just not that talented. :lol3:

Basically to keep the games fresh. By the time we hit 1,000 posts, the answers are getting repetitive and in some cases the rules have been forgotten and the game has gotten way off track. We like to give them about a month-long break. If there is a game that you liked playing and it's been closed for a month, feel free to start it up again. :) You can also start one up immediately if it has a bit of a different spin. Some of the most popular games on here have come about from people trying to put a spin on an old game. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We have a lot of game threads going right now. There have been more instances than normal of members not following the rules and instructions in the thread. We all make an occasional mistake from time to time, but its been excessive in some cases. It's really nor fair to everyone else that plays the game as it either throws it off track or makes in some to a complete standstill.

Unfortunately it has been happening enough where we have to create some new rules.

From now on if you make three mistakes in a game thread you will no longer be allowed to post in that particular thread.

Thanks for your understanding.
The games have been very popular lately and we have been having people either making mistakes or not following the rules in many of the threads.

Please, before you post, check to see what thread you are in. Please know the rules. Please make sure you are replying to the last post in the thread.

It's getting to the point where we are going to have to start enforcing the above rules. We really don't want to ban people from threads as we all want to have fun, but unfortunately it's getting to that point. :( It's not fair to those that do follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.