New puppy on the way

sydneyet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone.

I am getting a corgi puppy in about a month and was wondering how I should introduce him to my cats. One cat is an 11 year old male who isn't fond of other animals and likes to growl and hiss at them, sometimes even bite them. The other cat is around 5 and is very afraid of almost anything. Thanks!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those puppies are adorable. Very sweet.
 As for introducing the puppy to the cats, here's an article to check out.  [article="29682"]Introducing Cats To Dogs​[/article]  

It would be a good idea to take introduction slow and keep the puppy sequestered into one room or a smaller portion of the house where your cats can come to observe it and smell it without having to get too close. Your cats don't sound like ones that will take to a new puppy easily, if at all.

I have a kitten who was raised to dislike dogs by her mother. She is now almost 8 months old and still hisses at the dog, but at least doesn't openly try and attack her. It took a lot of rewarding the kitten when she was in the room with the dog to make this work even remotely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydneyet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a feeling that the old one is going to try to attack the dog. Hopefully we can keep the puppy.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
 ​Those babies are way too cute!

I don't have any ideas to share you but I love the pic .