New Place New Cat

clearlymaybe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am new to this site, and if i posted in wrong section please excuse me. I am moving into a new apartment with my fiance and was considering a new kitten. The previous cat I had raised from kitten (12 years) passed away a year ago and was a big part of my life every time I got home from work. I am full time and my fiance is part time. I am worried about the kitten becoming lonely through some parts of the day. Are there breeds that have less separation anxiety? I was interested in a Scottish fold/British short hair mix or a Siamese .Please advise if you have any suggestions to keep a new kitten occupied and not so lonely. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Here is Lionel, my old friend

LIONEL.JPG

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Condolences on the loss of Lionel. :alright: He was a super handsome boy. RIP sweetie. :angel: If you are interested, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could write a tribute to Lionel.

About a new kitten being lonely, is getting 2 kittens an option?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-090208.gif
clearlymaybe, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3139.JPG

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

So sorry to hear about Lionel :alright: :grouphug:

Here are some great articles for you to read :-

new-cat

keeping-cats-happy

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Kittens do very well in pairs, do you think you would be able to adopt two kittens together? If you go to your shelter they will no doubt have plenty of siblings and bonded pairs looking for a new home. They will keep each other company while you are out, so you won't need to worry about them being lonely.

They quite often have pedigree mixes or pointed kittens, that look a lot like Siamese, and will offer a cheaper adoption fee if you can take two cats.

I'm sorry about Lionel, he looks like a sweetheart.

:catrub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clearlymaybe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks all for the kind support, I will see if I am blessed enough to find some siblings. :wave3:

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Definitely a pair. Kittens should come that way :) The best gift I ever got for my Little Bit was another kitten, Bassie, who just happened to come along at approximately the same time.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Lionel was such a handsome fella. I am sorry for your loss.

Kittens have unlimited energy and as mentioned above, would be better in pairs. I have a scottish fold kitten right now who is a monkey/kangaroo/cat all in one with the speed of a cheetah, and stalks/hounds/pesters my two adult cats endlessly. I wish I adopted another one his age but we already have the max limit of cats in the house (for now! :biggrin: )

BTW, welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: