New pictures of Norris (just a little warning -some are of the amputation site)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just took Norris outside for a leash walk a minute ago to use the potty. He is doing SOOOOO wonderful!!!He even peed on the neighbors annoying min pins through the fence when they were yapping at him and trying to bite him (before i saw what he was doing)
it was great! (those dogs of our neighbors are soooo mean and yappy!)
I guess Norris told them what he thought of them
After all that excitement, we came back in the house where he got tons of treats and kisses.
He was doing soo well that i decided to snap a few pictures of him. (just a warning, some are a tinsy bit graphic as they are of the site where the amputation occured). Three legged or not, i think my sweet little Norris is just about as handsome as they get

my handsome boy!

he's soooooo cute!!

come here mum! i'm gonna kiss ya!

Kojak watching over Norris while he drinks

mmmm dinner! (he's finally got an appetite!!!)

Hey Norris, wanna share some of that dog food with me? PLEASE!!! Mommy will never find out! (hehe i cought jasmine!)

handsome fella!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its good to see, that he is up and about

tell jasmine , she does not need anymore food she looks just fine ehehe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
such a cute boy!

poor norris

his poor leg. (it's still really swollen)

looooooooooook at those handsome ears!!! ( i love his ears!)

sitting pretty! what a resiliant little fella!

trying to lick the incision site (i only had the e-collar off for a few minutes so he could eat)

did you say doggy treat????

gurrrr....gimme that toy!

aww mum..where'd my leg go?

The consequences of irresponsible pet owners....

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He looks great! I'm looking at the pics and thinking, are these really the post-amputation pictures? Looks like a happy, healthy guy! Love the bright eyes! Like the cat, checking to see if there's anything tasty for her, too!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back view of his leg

awwww! look at that cute little face!

awww i just luv him!!! hehe i like to squish his little face and kiss his nose

aww ma! stop it- you're squishin me to death!

he wouldn't leave the incision site alone, so i put his e-collar back on him.
awww my poor little pitiful fella!

"hey norris, what's that contraption mom put around your head?? you look like a baffoon" - kojak talking to norris

kojak LOVES norris- he waits right beside his crate for him and gives him kisses!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

His leg looks terrible Nikki!
it's actually not TOO bad -it is a clean incision/stitch up- no signs of absess/infection - the stitches just make it look worse you know. it was quite a shock the first time i saw him post amputation, but i'm already use to it now....and he seems to be as well. the stitches will come out in 10-14 days and then all of the hair will start to grow back ...so it will look better with time. it's just soo sad looking at it now because it makes me upset of all that this sweet fella's been put through because of one stupid woman.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oops..the close-up pics of the site loaded up after I posted my comments ("are these really post-amputation pics?"), but I still think that his happy eyes show how strong his spirit must be and how much he must be loved!

Even though the amp site looks shocking, the surgical site looks clean and relatively "calm." I think Norris must have God on his side, and he's lucky to have you, too!

More healing vibes for a speedy recovery!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

you should send those pics to the women that did not do her job.
i told my boss we should have had the vet leave the amputated leg on her door step.

Originally Posted by whiskerynature

Oops..the close-up pics of the site loaded up after I posted my comments ("are these really post-amputation pics?"), but I still think that his happy eyes show how strong his spirit must be and how much he must be loved!

Even though the amp site looks shocking, the surgical site looks clean and relatively "calm." I think Norris must have God on his side, and he's lucky to have you, too!

More healing vibes for a speedy recovery!
I definitely agree!
The surgical site looks good so far- no signs of any complications or issues.
The vet did a very good job! (and i agree- in the first pictures it was hard to tell he had had much amputated at all because he was soo energetic and spunky!) And i most definitely think he has some wonderful rainbow bridge furbabies watching over him
He is such a wonderful dog!!! Ahh i just love him to pieces!!
Can you tell i want to keep him?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the look on his face you wouldn't know he just had major surgery. He's so happy and content looking

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

By the look on his face you wouldn't know he just had major surgery. He's so happy and content looking
isn't he!
he's such a resiliant little fella!! always seems like he has a doggie smile on his face no matter what

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still....I just.....his leg looks so awful & that woman is sitting in her home without a care in the world!! Is there any way to prosecute her for animal neglect as he was legally her dog & she knew he fell out the window & never treated him?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

dont forget to send her the bill also
no kidding!

Originally Posted by white cat lover

I still....I just.....his leg looks so awful & that woman is sitting in her home without a care in the world!! Is there any way to prosecute her for animal neglect as he was legally her dog & she knew he fell out the window & never treated him?
Honestly Natalie- i do not no as i am not familiar with all of our state laws/etc concerning stuff like this. i know a little bit, but not a ton. This is really up to my bosses (actually- their bosses and their bosses bosses....ya know- it's like a chain working for the city gov't. the animal shelter falls under the dpt. of public services). I really do hope something is done to punish her though.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I missed the original thread about all this, so just checked back - what a to do
all I can say is 'what goes around - comes around' she'll get whats coming

But looking forward - Norris is looking so well, yes the wound area is still swollen but that is of course to be expected and with all your love and care will soon be looking tons better

He has a wonderful gentle looking face, what a brave soldier he has been

Give him some gentle tummy rubs from us

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Heya, Tristan says you should adopt him, he's beautiful and you will love having him around, our lives changed alot from having Cleo and her blindness did not stop her from anything
he melted at the picture and i only just told him abut that stupid lady.

Those images are gorgeous, he looks like hes getting on really well considering what hes been through.

Bribe Colin

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for everyone who has kept Norris in your prayers and sent out those lovely TCS vibes and gifts to him. I truely think it has all helped!
Norris is doing EXCELLENT today!!!
He is trying to (key word trying- i had him on a leash
) run through the back yard like he's some sort of greyhound to play through the fence with the neighbors dogs
He even peed through the fence on the annoying little yappy ones again
(how aweful is that
) He just went for his walk a little while ago- and he's now back in the house- he had his breakfast and his medicine and is now playing with one of Fosters toys underneath the sofa (the legs let out). Fosters and Whiskey are in the bedroom sleeping with Colin- so i've had Norris out for a little bit. I won't let all three of them out together at the same time until Norris stitches come out just to be on the safe side. All of our doggies are bigger so i don't want any of them to play too rough. The swelling and redness has also gone down tremendously at the incision site and the surrounding areas!!!!!
That is always excellent news! I will take some new picuters of both Norris and Fancy (my foster kitten) later
Thankyou all who have kept up with little Norris story and prayed for him- those prayers have truely made a difference!