New Persian Owner...

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
I agree to start with the comb right away. Theo is so good about the comb that all I have to do is hold up the comb & say "Comb?" and he comes right to me. I bathe him once a month as well. It will keep the coat from getting bad snags and matts. One breeder told me that if they are matting, it's a sign that they need a bath. If done monthly (at least) they get used to this as well. I just gave Theo a bath this morning. The comb practically falls right thru the fur after bathing & drying. I use oatmeal shampoo and do him right in my kitchen sink.

Last edited:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
In winter, when air is dry, it can be a nightmare to comb due to static. One of the breeders I got a cat from gave me the tip to take a small spritz bottle and put a drop of conditioner in & fill with water. I spritz the coat and comb it through. It stops the static. I comb Theo at least twice a day to stay ahead of matts. He has a HUGE coat for winter. All the attention & combing will build a strong bond as well. Here is my boy, Theodore right after his bath saturday. He is 2 1/2 yr old seal lynx point Himalayan.
DSCN8951a.jpg

DSCN8953.JPG