New Owner to a Stray Community Cat

12tiannas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everybody! This is my first time in an online community and caring for a cat. I choose to be a part of this group because I need some advice on a stray community cat and if I should/could move him with me. For right now though, i'll tell everyone about the stray cat that basically has picked me as his new owner. So, my stray cat I have named Mr. Green due to being a lover of the movie Clue and he has super adorable, bright green eyes. Mr. Green is a bit moody. Somedays he is a sweetheart that sleeps on my guest bed and purrs when I give him pets. Some days he only is cool with head pets. Other days he wants just the butt petted. I have learned to read his moods and he has worked me into totally caring for him. I have purchased food, flea meds and he has a preferred sleeping spot in my house and on my lanai.
IMG_3430.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
dbd7bae1ce6f4979aeb43e88724f4392.gif
12tiannas and Mr. Green, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
graphics-welcome-621873.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for taking in Mr. Green and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home. He's a handsome chap! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

Since this is your first cat, do read the articles below to refresh yourself on taking care of a cat and also for all you strays and feral cats questions, you may post them here in : caring-for-strays-and-ferals.9

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules
bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Mr. Green is adorable. Thanks for being there when he needed a new owner. :catlove:

About the stray community cat, there's many people here who can give you advice on trapping, socializing and eventually moving with him. I'd suggest, therefore, posting a new thread in the Caring for Strays and Ferals forum.
Good luck. And thanks for caring about these kitties. :petcat:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Thank you for rescuing Mr. Green and giving him his forever home. He is a very handsome guy and we can't wait to see more pics of him and his lovely green eyes.:petcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and to that handsome Mr. Green! And, of course, you are going to take him when you move! He belongs with you now, and considers himself a part of your family! I would suggest that you go to the Caring for Strays and Ferals forum, and post there asking for advice on successfully moving him to his new home! LOTS of people there with experience in this!

1586306300522.png

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and Mr Green. It looks to me like Mr Green has made up his mind for you.Congratulations you've been chosen.;)