New orijin food= not impressed

RMO

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Psycho only has 4 teeth so Tiki is not a pate and that is all he eats in wet. He has no trouble with the kibble.though.
Why is everyone so down on the USA
Orijen ?
I'm not sure that I am down on it...yet. I have fed my cats Orijen Cat & Kitten for about 15 months. At first, I was pleased with it. Then some of my cats (I have 5) started getting itchy and dandruff-y. A few started throwing up whole pieces of kibble now and then - meaning they hadn't chewed it. Occasional loose stools - makes me wonder if Orijen is too rich (high in fat). The size of Orijen kibble is large...I mean, it seems human-sized, not cat-sized. In addition, there are some recent lawsuits brought against Orijen/Arcana, cirting that they've changed the quality of their ingredients since moving from Canada to the U.S. The lawsuits really do concern me (heavy metal content too high found in Orijen, for example).

When I found out that Orijen and Arcana are the same company, I felt kind-of betrayed. Orijen claims to be hand-processed...individually made...etc. Well, turns out that the 2 brands are made by the same company...why is that?

So, I'm weighing options right now. For such a high-priced food, I hope for better results. And more honesty from the company. Maybe I'm being too picky, but...I'm just not sure, yet.