New Mother cat anxiety?

jenne85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 1.5 year old hand raised cat just had kittens almost a week ago. She's a good momma but I've noticed that whenever someone (me in particular) isn't in the room with her she gets anxious, meows a lot, paces and I have to either sit by her kitten box or move the box with her in it to be next to me in order for her to calm down. Is this a good thing? I'm worried about moving them so much from upstairs then downstairs again in one day but she doesn't seem to mind as long as her human is by her. Is this normal behavior or is this anxiety on her part?

To fill you in about the history of my cat, her name is Sally, she was bottle fed after being found in a wall and has never known a mother cat. It was always me who fed her causing her to become extremely close to me, she mated with my Turkish Van and has 4 adorable kittens. This is her first and going to be her only litter.

temperpolk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It looks like you are her "rock" and she only feels safe around you. If she is not bothered by the constant moving, I would advised to keep her and her kittens near you. It seems to work!