New Mom Cat Has Horrible Smelling, Soft Stools? Help

SamIAmWich

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is Ash, she is a proud mom of 5. We have had her and her sister since they were kittens. Initially, my sister asked us to watch them while her and the people she lives with moved, but they never took them back and claimed they were 'given to Sam's and that I wanted them.
They're both super sweet and I want to adopt them out after these kittens are old enough to be sent to homes.
Ash has, since she had these kittens, been having soft stools that smell horrible. We keep her and her kittens, along with food and water for her, in my bedroom, So her sister, my two cats, and her sisters last 2 from her litter that we are adopting out currently won't mess with them too much. (The kittens from the other litter initially kept pushing these newborns off mom to suckle, like coocoo birds).
Her sorr has been the same for almost the whole time she has been here. My aunt tired a different food once but it let to red poops from all the cats so we switched back.
But I'm at a loss. My bedroom smells worse than a port-a-potty in the middle of July. She's constantly farting worse than anything I've ever smelled, and pooping multiple times a day. Like 2-4 depending. I'm really getting fed up with it, because it has put a damper on things like eating, sleeping, intimacy with my SO, ect.
Please, any help is welcome. Ffs please

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Had she been dewormed properly? I would suspect its worms.

Even if it apparently become noticeable first after the delivery.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she needs worming, and probably a round of metronidazole for parasites. That should cure her issues.

Can you get her to a vet? Kittens go with her, along with a fresh poop sample in a baggie.

Is her sister spayed now? Do you plan to spay both? They should ideally be rehomed together if they are close friends and you will not be keeping them.

Also, which wet and dry foods is she eating?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SamIAmWich

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, so 1. I was feeding her and my other cats some dewormer. I did stop recently so I am going to try to start that back up. It was a 1 time a month deal and I kinda just slipped up
2. Yes, I plan to get her and her sister both spayed. Money is kind of an issue at the moment though, so it may take a little time. But every male cat here (my two andy aunt's one) are neutered.
3. Her eyes are a yellow-green color, though more green than yellow.
4. The money issue wouldn't really allow me to go to the vet at the moment. I'm only making roughly $40 a week, and have no vehicle of my own. I keep having to borrow my aunt's car but she works most days.

Her 5 kittens are really healthy and exploring now, but they keep getting crusting over their eyes. We got medicine for that and it is getting better but I thought I would throw that out here, just in case there could be any correlation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SamIAmWich

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, the wet food is meow mix, it had meat listed as the primary ingredients and I figured protein would be good for her .she only seems to like the chicken and beef one, and not any that are chicken only though.
The dry food is 9 Lives. My aunt swears by it and always gets it over other brands.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re food yes proteins are important. Now also fat and calcium.

Re eye color I asked. Because I suspect she is a tortie + tabby.
Green eyes are common with torties.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What eye medicine are you using?

Meow mix is not an especially good food. Try friskies wet food instead.