New Member, Long Time Cat Mum

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello there!

I'm Fflur (the Welsh name for Fleur). I'm originally from the Niagara Falls region and these days I rescue stray cats while managing a historic preservation company and going back to school for social work/services. Two weeks ago I lost my longtime fur baby of 10 years, Jax, to lymphoma. She was almost 11 and loved to snuggle with me at night and I still cry thinking about her. My other feline babies are Libby, Miss Kitty Riley, and Heidi. Libby is my giant therapy kitty and has started to take over all of Jax's nighttime quirks but let's face it, she's just way too big to comfortably be a chest cuddler and instead is a lap snuggler.

Libby, Heidi and Kitty Riley were all strays we took in; Kitty Riley actually came to us already spayed. Heidi has been feral most of her life but within the last two years I finally got her to beg for chest cuddles. Heidi is a tortoiseshell with these stunning iridescent green eyes, Libby is a white and grey tabby, and Kitty Riley is a tortoiseshell calico.

I am not sure but I think I may have a pregnant feral in our barn as well, nicknamed Winky. She's starting to get comfortable with me picking her up *very* briefly, but hasn't figured out how to purr yet, and tonight I thought I could feel kittens in her belly. If that's the case she's getting fixed as soon as it's safe to do so.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: I'm glad you joined the site. Please accept my deepest regrets on the loss of your longtime fur baby, Jax. :angel: I'm happy to hear you have Libby, Miss Kitty Riley and Heidi to help fill the void. We would love to see a pic of your fur crew. How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-421021.gif
Fflur, Libby, Heidi and Kitty Riley, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
3EF3C69C-C57A-4A14-9DBC-3245B7ACD310.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for taking them in and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:
Do post their photos for us to see :camera:

We are so sorry to hear about Jax :alright:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Above is Kitty Riley.

Here are Libby and Jax, the last photo of Jax I was able to take. Jax is the all grey one.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Here is who I could get uploaded.
They all look so lovely! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

One tip for you, the next time you upload any photos, you can choose the photos from your computer or phone and select the ones that you want to post and before you post them, choose full image and the photos will all appear on the same post and not in thumbnail form as you did above :thumbsup:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: All of your cats are beautiful. :catlove:

Condolences on the loss of Jax. :alright: RIP sweet girl. :hearthrob::angel::hearthrob:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! We're so happy to have you here! I "spoke" with you briefly in the "Crossing the Bridge" thread, and am happy to meet your OTHER kitties, as well as Jax, who joins us in spirit!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! So sorry for your loss of Jax. :rbheart: Your beautiful kitties look so relaxed and happy!

I have a 15+ lb cat that is a chest cuddler, so I know what you mean by that! But I can't deny him!