New maine coon kitten third eyelid showing

irishgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I got a maine coon kitten from a reputable breeder a few weeks ago and I am wondering if it should have its 3rd eyelid showing. The breeder said her vet looked at picture and it is nothing to worry about. She is in great form and not acting sick. I am taking her to my vet this week to see what they think. Anybody think it is normal?

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
It can be normal for third eyelids to show like this if a cat is sleepy or tired. Are they always visible? Could be that she has a bit of a kitty cold building, but it’s likely nothing serious if she’s doing well otherwise.
It’s definitely best to take a new pet for a once over by the vet, though, even if they’re from a good breeder, so won’t do any harm :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

irishgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi thanks for your reply. Yes showing all the time. Had a look back at pictures from breeder and it seems to have happened between 6 and 8 weeks or so judging by photos. She was born June 7th so still that way now at 16 weeks.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely unusual for it to last that long. It could, hypothetically, just be something unique to her that may or may not clear up with age, but worth checking with the vet to be safe.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks normal to me, her third eyelids are just very white so it looks different.