New look?

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a free app called AdAware that you can download that would keep the ads to a minimum. adaware: the best FREE Antivirus & Ad Blocker period.

I don't know if it works on phones and tablets, but it should.
We kindly request that consideration be given to our website: it's free for all users, and advertisements is how we support the website to be functional and operational. Costs aren't free to host a website, so please consider whitelisting TheCatSite.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I see. I certainly didn't mean to suggest something that would reduce revenue for TCS. Frankly, I don't have any ads on the site now, and I don't have AdAware running. Good idea for anyone downloading the app to help TCS. Before this big site change, I never thought the TCS ads were obnoxious anyway.

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I see. I certainly didn't mean to suggest something that would reduce revenue for TCS. Frankly, I don't have any ads on the site now, and I don't have AdAware running. Good idea for anyone downloading the app to help TCS. Before this big site change, I never thought the TCS ads were obnoxious anyway.
Thank you! We certainly appreciate it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am wondering where the old link to "Watched Threads" is now located? Could not find it this morning. I had to search through all of my alerts.

The one where you can go under alerts and then go to the link to the new items in you watched threads...

Does this make sense? I have not had my coffee, yet.

Any help?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've figured out a fix to the font size problem. Clicking on the T arrow says the font is 15, but on my screen it looks like a 10. I changed the size to 18, and voila, the saved post appears to be about a 11-12.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a banner stating that "updates were being made", and figured next time I signed on I'd feel like Dorothy in Oz and I was right (for once) :)
Once all the little kinks get ironed out I think it'll look really nice.
Now, settle something between my wife and I. I said this could pass as the Moonwalk, she said it couldn't.
🚶‍♂️

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that there is a spot for comments and helpful tips! Thanks everyone! I love the fresh new look and know that updates are crucial these days. My problem may be kind of unique to me and the only equipment I have access to. I do everything on my phone. 🙃 I know that’s not common procedure. No computer right now though. I post a lot too! My main problem is that when I am posting and adding photos, my viewing space is now reduced greatly. Instead of being able to see the entire photo, I can only see a fraction at a time. I have vision problems and this makes it much more difficult for me to post. I have been reduced to about an inch and a half of viewing space. I know things are still settling but just wanted to weigh in with this in case others are stuck on a phone too.
Thanks to all who are doing the monumental task of updating! Hats off to you! 👒🎩 I couldn’t do it!:thanks::rock:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I do everything on my phone. 🙃 I know that’s not common procedure. No computer right now though. I post a lot too!
~ Actually you are not unusual. I read that the majority of new users of internet do so on a mobile device. Each new smartphone I purchase has A higher IQ than the previous phone ! Bigger screen and better resolution too ...;)☎📲

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
ITA with JamesCalifornia; I usually have to apologize for doing everything on a computer instead of a phone.

I'm not even going to try to explain why I prefer not to tap on apps, just glad I can still lurk from W3m and post without enabling a lot of garbage on NoScript.

TCS is still very clean compared to a lot of the modern internet and I appreciate that.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say... the ads between the posts when you view threads on mobile are incredibly annoying. I get that the site has to have ads to function, but there may be a better placement for them.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I notice there is an ⬆UP toggle to the right - but no ⬇DOWN toggle ...
Note the arrows beside the page box at bottom will take you to to START and END of the thread.