New look?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for adding the ability to see Purraise we have given!
(We can see 'Reactions received' and 'Reactions given' -- 🌷 )

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew about making it larger in Chrome. The forum titles are fine, it's only the text in the threads that is too small for me.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Site looks fine and functions well on Firefox, which is not my normal browser.

It seems to be almost completely impossible to navigate on Internet Explorer, which is the browser I've used for decades. I guess IE is going obsolete. Browser choice may be causing other peoples' issues.

This is what the new TCS looks like on Internet Explorer. Big pop up in the middle of the page and the forum listings appear as a very long strip of single characters down the left side of the page:

new site on IE.jpg

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It seems to be almost completely impossible to navigate on Internet Explorer, which is the browser I've used for decades. I guess IE is going obsolete. Browser choice may be causing other peoples' issues.

This is what the new TCS looks like on Internet Explorer. Big pop up in the middle of the page and the forum listings appear as a very long strip of single characters down the left side of the page:

View attachment 302932

I get that linearization of the entire left side of the home page on my chosen browser as well -- I PM'd Anne about it this morning -- maybe I should also include tech people in the conversation? I might know a clue about why this is happening... HellaSteph HellaSteph ? Should I add you to the convo?

edit: I did add you to the convo just now... :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like that that 'thread starter' is gone. If it's there, I can'f find it.
It's there - top right:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how when you have new alert(s), not only does the number show up under the Alerts but a number showing your new alerts also shows up in the title bar of the web page! Cool.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a heads up, on my phone, if someone has more than one badge the formatting gets funky like so:
Capture+_2019-10-10-13-06-08.png

I know things are still being worked on, do this is just pointing out one of the little bugs I'm seeing.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the most that you can now react differently to the post, like: love, laugh, sad etc. I'm guessing that's why they call it reaction now instead of purraise. It's interesting that people find the word "reaction" to have a negative meaning :)

I can't have the ad block on the computer I'm using the most for browsing this site so the adds appearing at the bottom is really annoying (I'm using Chrome). But well, at least the page is getting some money. It was not a problem previously though.

Any chance there'll be an app to upload on mobile devices? That'd be so awesome. The page is not that bad to use on my iphone but it'd be so much better with the app.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's there - top right:
There it is. Thank you so much

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Any chance there'll be an app to upload on mobile devices? That'd be so awesome. The page is not that bad to use on my iphone but it'd be so much better with the app.
No, the website is responsive so it is a single website that works on desktop, mobile, and tablet devices. We even have push notifications and Alerts, which is similar to how you get alerts through mobile apps.

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Just a heads up, on my phone, if someone has more than one badge the formatting gets funky like so:View attachment 302933

I know things are still being worked on, do this is just pointing out one of the little bugs I'm seeing.
This is on mobile and the badges aren't supposed to be showing which is causing this to be broken. We've filed for this fix to occur within the next few hours. Thanks!

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
I get that linearization of the entire left side of the home page on my chosen browser as well -- I PM'd Anne about it this morning -- maybe I should also include tech people in the conversation? I might know a clue about why this is happening... HellaSteph HellaSteph ? Should I add you to the convo?

edit: I did add you to the convo just now... :)
I got your PM, but we don't support forked versions of Firefox such as Palemoon. Upon investigation, it looks like Palemoon doesn't keep up with recent updates of their browser, which is not going to be compatible with our website since we use the latest version of XenForo 2.1. Thanks for understanding!

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise

View attachment 302932
Hi there, can you confirm the version of Windows and Internet Explorer you're using? It's likely that this browser is outdated and no longer supported by the developer (Windows) but I wanted to confirm and check first to see if there was anything we could do.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm... reckon I liked the old format better, gonna take time to adjust to this, seems cluttered instead of streamlined, might even discourage new members. Just my $.02, when I first saw the changes I thought there was something wrong with my laptop. Great, now I can't access the emojis... can't scroll down to the other sections. Meh, I've seen enough.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there, can you confirm the version of Windows and Internet Explorer you're using? It's likely that this browser is outdated and no longer supported by the developer (Windows) but I wanted to confirm and check first to see if there was anything we could do.
Windows 8.1 (version 6.3) and Internet Explorer 11 (version 11.0.9600.19503, update versions 11.0.147)

It's not a huge deal to use Firefox. I've just used Internet Explorer for many years. A few websites lately have a page that pops up with an alert telling me I need to use a different browser.

Thanks for checking.

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Windows 8.1 (version 6.3) and Internet Explorer 11 (version 11.0.9600.19503, update versions 11.0.147)

It's not a huge deal to use Firefox. I've just used Internet Explorer for many years. A few websites lately have a page that pops up with an alert telling me I need to use a different browser.

Thanks for checking.
Thank you for letting us know! That information is helpful and I did do some research to find that even updating to IE 11, which was the recommended solution, seemed to not be helpful here since it sounds like you're already on the latest version offered. I definitely want you to access TCS easily, I'm just sorry that we're unable to support a browser that has limited updates from their developer.

I appreciate the time you took to let us know. Cheers!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise