New look?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another upgrade of the forums look?
I am a bit disoriented, confused. Things, labels, tabs, have changed names and functions, and even the alerts aren't the same I used to know.
What scared me, for instance, is that a Purraise is now a Reaction, the alert says that "someone has reacted to my post with... a purraise", and I understood it as "someone has had a bad reaction to your post". I would have liked "someone purraised your post", like it was before.
More, the "Friends of Ferals" badge is now invisible, like it isn't there, why?
And other minor things that at the moment are making me feel dizzy.

We're cats, we don't like sudden changes, you know ;)

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Another upgrade of the forums look?
I am a bit disoriented, confused. Things, labels, tabs, have changed names and functions, and even the alerts aren't the same I used to know.
What scared me, for instance, is that a Purraise is now a Reaction, the alert says that "someone has reacted to my post with... a purraise", and I understood it as "someone has had a bad reaction to your post". I would have liked "someone purraised your post", like it was before.
More, the "Friends of Ferals" badge is now invisible, like it isn't there, why?
And other minor things that at the moment are making me feel dizzy.

We're cats, we don't like sudden changes, you know ;)
All the badges are incredible small, I can't even see what they are saying.

I'm not a huge fan of the transfer from purraise to "likes" etc. It reminds me of social media which gives me a bit of anxiety. As if the purraises wasn't enough, this makes it worse.

Seems like they changed it back to "purraise...

There are also a ton of emojis. 🙄

But... who cares what I have to say. What is done is done and I'm just one person.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Please give things time.. there are lots of things to be ironed out with a platform change and the glitches are still being worked on.
And they are necessary, I'm afraid.. even if things change a little, it doesn't take too long to get into the swing of things. :)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I like it, too. Just dizzy at the moment. ;) I will get used to this, I am sure. Thanks for the efforts in trying to make TCS look better.
I just don't like the angry emoticon. I wish there is a emoticon for a hiss or a growl instead.

Can we replace the emoticons to cat faces instead of the usual emojis? Just a suggestion. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure there are things that are still being worked on (like the fact that the songs in the song thread aren't showing up and have a large X on them). Also, things look great here on my laptop, but not necessarily on my phone, especially for people who have multiple badges. But again, I assume that's just hiccups and will be fixed.

I'm just glad purraise is back. And wow, that's an overwhelming amount of new emojis!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This new format is taking some getting used to. Not saying it's bad, just going to take some time to get used to.

ETA: see? I put this in the wrong forum.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I loved the label "thread starter" under a username, I think it was really helpful!
It's gone...
Take a look at the top of your posts. Both the Friend of Ferals badge and "Thread Starter" are there.

Screenshot_2019-10-10-17-42-56.png

Folks, there's still some work that needs to be done behind the scenes, so we ask for your patience.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too sure I like it, but this may be different once I get used to it.
I don't like that that 'thread starter' is gone. If it's there, I can'f find it. I also don't like that is says 'reaction score' where it used to say 'purraise received'. It makes me feel like I'm being judged instead of just people liked what you had to say.
And small things that is just me. The highlight is an awful orange instead of blue, and this format seems a lot brighter than the old one. I'm light sensitive, so this is just me.
And the font is too small for my old eyes.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The site is very modern. Change is very hard to adapt to; remember Cats with change? We are like that.

What IS annoying to me are all the ads at the bottom of the screen. I have to constantly click them off. This is fruitless, as there is always aonther one replacing it.

Can something be done about all these pop-ups? It is so unnerving. Makes me want to be finished with it.

The ads above are enough, but now there are the ads below--constantly there, constantly changing.. like a digital billboard. this the only site that has them.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not seen any ads on my desktop either. But then, I have ad blocker and almost never see an ad.
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the font bigger?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, there's a place in Settings where you can make the font larger, but . . . it will make it larger on all other sites, too. It would be better if TCS would enlarge the font.