Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

New Kitty Mommy

Discussion in 'New Cats on the Block' started by Pixelated Cat, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Pixelated Cat

Pixelated Cat Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Apr 15, 2018
    Florida
    Hello, my name is Amy, and my husband and I just recently rescued our first cat, Pixie. We moved to our apartment in December 2017, and Pixie "found" us two days after moving in. He was hungry and looking for food, and was very thin. After we fed him some chicken, he jumped into our arms and purred really loud. It didn't take long for us to become attached to him as he came back everyday for food, he eventually made himself at home in our apartment. He has since been to the vet, and we are working out a few health issues before we get him neutered (I will post about these issues in the health forum as I would like to see what others have experienced). We are also new at being cat parents so we are learning as we go, and I hope to get some pointers on here from other cat parents.

Attached Files:

2. margecat

margecat Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    Pixie is so cute! Welcome to TCS! :hellocomputer:

3. raysmyheart

raysmyheart TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 21, 2015
    Massachusetts

4. 1CatOverTheLine

1CatOverTheLine TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 6, 2017
    Olcott Beach, N.Y.
    @Pixelated Cat - Welcome to TCS, Amy! Wow - Pixie is absolutely stunning; with his wide-set ears, oval paws and his mixture of spots and stripes, he's doing one heckuva good Arabian Mau impression! Hope we get to see lots more of him in the Photos Forum.

5. tabbytom

tabbytom Happiness is being owned by a cat Staff Member Mentor

May 12, 2016
    Garden City, Singapore
    928BA858-5A5D-407E-9B5B-2AF4F70BA0A6.png Amy, hubby and Pixie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm FC9C5140-4C15-409B-92C6-B8FF6A78F20C.gif all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
    Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
    Forum Rules

Thank you for rescuing Pixie and for giving a warm and fur-ever loving home :clap:
    He’s such a handsome boy! :lovecat: :lovecat2:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

6. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    Hello and welcome TCS! :wave2: Pixie is adorable. :catlove:

7. neely

neely TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    A very warm and friendly welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: It must have been fate that you moved into a new apartment and Pixie found you shortly afterwards. Best of luck with his health issues and upcoming neuter. You have come to the right place for help and advice. You may want to post pics of your new boy in the thread which includes pictures of orange cats: Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!

8. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Welcome to you and Pixie! He's such a handsome boy, and so smart to have found such a loving home!

raysmyheart, dustydiamond1 and Pixelated Cat purraised this.

9. Pixelated Cat

Pixelated Cat Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Apr 15, 2018
    Florida
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! I look forward to getting to know everyone on here!:happycat:

10. ileen

ileen with Luciano since 12/5/16 Super Cat

Mar 6, 2017
    nyc
    Welcome!

11. tinydestroyer

tinydestroyer TCS Member Super Cat

Oct 27, 2017
    Welcome to TCS Amy and Pixie! So glad you joined the best cat site on the internet! Pixie is adorable.

1CatOverTheLine purraised this.