New Kitty Maybe Has Breathing Problems

catsareok

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
been a long time sense I have been on here.... yikes!!!
over the years I have saved a lot of strays, spent a lot of money.. ok..
I have not kept any, always found them homes, because of my older cat, Minca my profile pic,, she is 18 now.. anyway
this most recent girl, was living under my neighbor's shed.. I fed her, took me 4 weeks to get her near me,, so I had her all fixed ,shots, the works.. keeping her in the house..
my question is for ya'll is maybe once or twice a week, she has this hoarse breathing thing, she starts like hacking with her neck sticking, like a very hoarse, not coughing.. it scares us.. nothing comes up.. she is a short hair.. anyone ever seen this ? sounds like coming from her lungs, hard to describe.. any suggestions.. she whips through house, getting some exercise, does not seem out of breath.. thanks for any help..

Last edited:

Zeroandziggy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor kitty, sounds like it could possibly be asthma. Definitely worth a trip to the vet if it is happening that regularly. There's quite a few videos on YouTube showing asthma attacks in cats that sound like what you're describing might be worth checking them out to see if it's the same as what is happening with your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsareok

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks I have watched a vid, the replies are all over the place, about asthma, have you ever heard of lung gold product,
here is the description,

all natural... Throat Gold has been developed using herbal ingredients to holistically support the tissues of the throat and entire upper respiratory tract of your pets. Some of the herbs in Throat Gold are termed "demulcents". Demulcents are a type of plant constituent that are high in mucilage content and act to soothe and calm throat irritation, inflammation and cough.

Throat Gold can help support your pet's immune response to infection, but also help with hoarseness of the throat, including leash strain. The ingredients of this formula are highly effective for supporting and maintaining health and comfort of the upper respiratory tract.

We highly suggest this formula for conditions such as kennel cough, asthma & collapsed trachea as well!