New Kitty Mama

Cupcake_Luv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, cat lovers!
IMG_20180815_180438.jpg
IMG_20180813_175635.jpg

I am a new cat owner to my little cupcake. She is 13 1/2 weeks old. We've had her for almost 2 weeks. The first few nights she would meow all night, now she's mostly quiet at night. She now prefers to sleep in my . She loves to play! She's clouds of fun. She has a huge appetite. She also like to nurse on blankets, never seen a cat do this. Is that normal? I enjoy having her and look forward to her growing up being a part of our family.

Last edited by a moderator:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here! Cupcake is absolutely gorgeous! Is she a Bengal? Regarding your question about nursing the blanket, it’s probably best if you can start a thread in our Cat Behavior forum, so that you can get a pool of answers from people familiar with that topic. Here’s an article to get you started: Wool Sucking Cats

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
hello kitty.gif
to you and Cupcake, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
graphics-welcome-621873.jpg

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Cupcake is lovely and cute! :lovecat2: :lovecat3:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. Your little Cupcake is deliciously beautiful. :redheartpump:

I have a cat that loves to suck on either a wool or fleece blanket. It does not seem to harm him, though I try to discourage him. :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cupcake_Luv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I read the article on wool sucking. I think she does it for comfort now. This site is very informative. Yes, cupcake is a Bengal ☺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cupcake_Luv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
...and thanks to all the warm welcome, and recommended articles I appreciate it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you AND to Cupcake! Yep, the nursing is very common. Sometimes blankets, sometimes body parts. Hekitty prefers the inside of my right elbow (which now looks slightly diseased from all the kneading). I think she'll outgrow it, myself, she's only ten years old...

Jemrie79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has the most beautiful markings and is completely adorable. Congratulations :wave3: