New kittens not using box.. help?

Starsweeper2000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday I adopted 2 12-week old
Female Kittens. They were nervous last night but at getting more comfortable and social but still skittish as everything is new. I have a large box for them with plenty of litter but they have not used it. They love playing in it! But there are no pees or poops in the box. They are eating and drinking fine. There are no signs of pee anywhere else and definitely no poops anywhere. I did notice a few dibbles in the couch when I startled one of them.

I have owned cats before but never this young so I am in new territory. Any ideas that can help this new cat mom??

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am having a problem with a young, not kitten, feral that I brought into the house. She is familiar and comfortable with me but while her sister is using the boxes, she is not. All I wanted to say is that I am down to the paragraph that describes the low sided cardboard box with the pee pad under it and we are having some mild success. There was definitely some secret relieving around the house and it was in obscure dark corners. When I went out and got a litter box for the first area she chose it immediately became unappealing and she found a new place. The cardboard box is in the second spot.

I doubt this is the case with your kittens, but as an outdoor urban cat, she pooped on cement and just walked away from it.