New Kittens Ganging Up On Older Cat?

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two 6 mo old youngsters seem to be ganging up and trying to tease (or terrorize) my 13 year old Cricket.  They have all been together about 3 months now.  They were introduced gradually and that went relatively smoothly.  There have never been any fights, just a bit of hissing and slapping without claws.  Cricket wasn't crazy about having these two bundles of energy disrupting his normal quet routine and mostly ignored them.  I was able to set up a small area for him to get away if he wanted, but mostly he prefers to be around everyone.

Cricket has recently warmed up more to Clancy, the older and bigger of the kittens.   Clancy (my baby Huey) has outgrown Cricket size wise at over 10 lbs to Cricket's 9 lbs.  Rufus the small one is only about six lbs.  Cricket hasn't yet warmed up to Rufus at all, but Rufus seems to be very interested in Cricket and tries to be in his face, which bothers Cricket even more.

Recently, I've noticed the 2 kittens are actually ganging up together and doing things to tease or irritate him, like play with his tail which he hates.  They seem to be terrorizing him as well with both chasing him and one getting in front of him and the other behind and then they bat at him.  He will growl and hiss at them and maybe slap, but that's about it.  No fur flying or anything like that, just lots of noise. 

Is this just normal play or is this bullying?  I'm trying to give Cricket lots of love and attention.  His best buddy passed last May, and they had been together for almost 13 years.  He's not entirely innocent either.  The kittens are thick as theives, and Cricket doesn't seem to fit in. 

Any ideas?  

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is normal for kittens this age.  They are just trying to push buttons.  Try not to let them as much.  Maybe distract them so they leave poor Clancy alone.