Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oreo got neutered on Nov 25 he is healing and wearing a cone for 10 days. its
hard for him to eat and drink , he is mr cuddle bug

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps a soft cone? Measure his neck before ordering.

However most cats and kittens do not need a cone after being neutered (like they need a cone after being spayed.) You can also try giving him short monitored breaks from the cone, so he can eat and do some grooming (not around his privates.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oreo is doing very well after his neuter . eating and playing like normal

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oreo is doing very well after his neuter . eating and playing like normal
I’m curious if the neutering did in fact calm him down. My almost 6 month old kitten is due to be neutered in 2 weeks. I love him but he’s insane. I’m hoping the neutering helps. Did it seem to help Oreo?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m curious if the neutering did in fact calm him down. My almost 6 month old kitten is due to be neutered in 2 weeks. I love him but he’s insane. I’m hoping the neutering helps. Did it seem to help Oreo?
(Jumping in unasked) It may take a little time for him to calm down after the operation, because his hormonal level will decrease, but not instantly.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Never EVER use s spray bottle on your cat. Cats don’t associate the water spray with their behavior, they associate it with YOU.

The result is your cat will either decide you cannot be trusted, or they like being sprayed. They will also continue doing what they’re doing when you’re not around.

Cover stove top with aluminum foil and create a spot in the kitchen your cat is allowed and encouraged to climb up on- a spot that belongs to your cat.

PS- I didn’t realize I was responding to an older thread.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never EVER use s spray bottle on your cat. Cats don’t associate the water spray with their behavior, they associate it with YOU.

The result is your cat will either decide you cannot be trusted, or they like being sprayed. They will also continue doing what they’re doing when you’re not around.

Cover stove top with aluminum foil and create a spot in the kitchen your cat is allowed and encouraged to climb up on- a spot that belongs to your cat.

PS- I didn’t realize I was responding to an older thread.
Good advice is ALWAYS good advice, Cat McCannon Cat McCannon and I thank you for this.

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you keep him in a safe room at night so he doesn't have access to the counters? I still keep my 8 mo old kitten in her safe room at night where there is nothing that can hurt her. It also helps her know it is time to settle down and go to sleep. She gets a 15-20 minute play session right before bed, then her din-din and some treats, lots of love and pets, then lights out until morning. Not saying it would work for every cat, but mine is pretty active and mischievous, and thank God, she settles down at night with this routine.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you keep him in a safe room at night so he doesn't have access to the counters? I still keep my 8 mo old kitten in her safe room at night where there is nothing that can hurt her. It also helps her know it is time to settle down and go to sleep. She gets a 15-20 minute play session right before bed, then her din-din and some treats, lots of love and pets, then lights out until morning. Not saying it would work for every cat, but mine is pretty active and mischievous, and thank God, she settles down at night with this routine.
Excellent suggestions for a plan I hope works for him! :yess: