new kitten

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am getting very frustrated with Oreo he is climbing where is knows he is not supposed to go I am regretting him sorry to vent
It’s okay to vent! I understand your frustration with him. I’m frustrated with Pepper. Sunshine is coming around wi being held and loved on. What I don’t understand is Pepper will sleep with us but acts like she’s afraid of being held?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yesterday I watched Jackson Galaxy and he says play with them then feed the they will rest , i bought a feather wand toy and played and again today , my hubby says I should switch him from dry to dry adult he is 6 months and 10 lbs

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s okay to vent! I understand your frustration with him. I’m frustrated with Pepper. Sunshine is coming around wi being held and loved on. What I don’t understand is Pepper will sleep with us but acts like she’s afraid of being held?
thank you for letting me vent , will neuter help calm him a little

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thank you for letting me vent , will neuter help calm him a little
That’s what friends are for listening to others when needed.
I think getting my kittens spayed will also help with their lack of affection and how “aggressive “ they are but on the other hand they are still babies. 3 months old tomorrow

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s what friends are for listening to others when needed.
I think getting my kittens spayed will also help with their lack of affection and how “aggressive “ they are but on the other hand they are still babies. 3 months old tomorrow
I do believe neutering will help.

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am going to make an appointment tomorrow for next week

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My vet wants me to wait until they are at least 6 months old or have their first cycle before spaying them. I’m hoping

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes I see your point all vets are different

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One baby proof your stove today so your kitten will not accidentally turn it on!

Two be “evil” and put the kitten in a kitten room when it wakes you up. Calmly place the kitten in a room with food, water, litter, bed & couple of toys. Then close the door and no matter what do not open the door until your morning alarm goes off. Run a fan to block out the meows. You can listen to meows for a couple of weeks or you can let the cat wake you up for the rest of the cat’s life!

I would also play with the kitten vigerously, then feed them before you get ready for bed or an hour before your bed time. When I want to tire out my hyper twerp I get him to follow a wand toy up and down furniture/his cat tree. It works to help tire out little kittens to.

Take tons of pictures & videos; they grow up so fast!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet wants me to wait until they are at least 6 months old or have their first cycle before spaying them. I’m hoping
I have never heard of this. Especially since each time they go into heat their chances of mammary cancer increases. I would want to research this and maybe get a second opinion.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes kittens are like destructive toddlers! They are adorable destructive angels.

It is why I love kitten rooms. You baby proof one room & only let the the kittens out with close supervision for a couple months while they learn the rules of the house & to let you sleep. Meanwhile I suggest things like ssscat canisters on the counter, baby proofing stove top knob covers, if necessary baby proofing the cabinets, a big 5-9 foot cat tree & maybe some cat shelves, vinyl couch scratch guards, lots of scratchers, silvervine sticks for teething kittens to chew on, making all the blinds/cords cat safe, start buying interactive toys you can rotate & kickeroo or two (get at least one large one.)
⭐Mothis stuff you can find on Chewy or Amazon...... so it is easy to get.

⭐Calming treats never worked on my hyper cat. I have heard some people say CBD oil worked on their cats.

⭐playing and getting my cats to climb up & down things worked a bit.

⭐once my cats were vaccinated (especially against panlokemia!!!) letting my cat have outside time let him use his hyper energy putside! 😀Outside time is like Ritalin for hyper cats. I put him on a 22 foot lead leash then sit and read for an hour or two (I untangle his leash when he wraps it around bushes.) He tracks squirrels, thinking he can catch them .... & thinks he is a mighty bird hunter. He climbs trees, chases baby lizards 🦎, rolls in the dirt, and marks his territory outside. Giving him time outside and a short walk keeps my hyper cat behaving like an Angel. A catio or a very secure window screen with some bird feeders outside are the next best thing if you have to keep them inside.

Attachments

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes kittens are like destructive toddlers! They are adorable destructive angels.

It is why I love kitten rooms. You baby proof one room & only let the the kittens out with close supervision for a couple months while they learn the rules of the house & to let you sleep. Meanwhile I suggest things like ssscat canisters on the counter, baby proofing stove top knob covers, if necessary baby proofing the cabinets, a big 5-9 foot cat tree & maybe some cat shelves, vinyl couch scratch guards, lots of scratchers, silvervine sticks for teething kittens to chew on, making all the blinds/cords cat safe, start buying interactive toys you can rotate & kickeroo or two (get at least one large one.)
⭐Mothis stuff you can find on Chewy or Amazon...... so it is easy to get.

⭐Calming treats never worked on my hyper cat. I have heard some people say CBD oil worked on their cats.

⭐playing and getting my cats to climb up & down things worked a bit.

⭐once my cats were vaccinated (especially against panlokemia!!!) letting my cat have outside time let him use his hyper energy putside! 😀Outside time is like Ritalin for hyper cats. I put him on a 22 foot lead leash then sit and read for an hour or two (I untangle his leash when he wraps it around bushes.) He tracks squirrels, thinking he can catch them .... & thinks he is a mighty bird hunter. He climbs trees, chases baby lizards 🦎, rolls in the dirt, and marks his territory outside. Giving him time outside and a short walk keeps my hyper cat behaving like an Angel. A catio or a very secure window screen with some bird feeders outside are the next best thing if you have to keep them inside.
thank you for all your advice and suggestions
we have a big cat tree and is allowed to climb on to the fridge where there is blanket there he is aillowed in our room and on window sill
once we get the vaccines I will take him out

we are renting the basement suite

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well every Vet is different. They go in tomorrow afternoon for shots and a check up, I’m going to ask again.
even if he says to wait, my finances at the moment says I still have to wait until spring. Christmas is coming up really soon and I have grandkids to buy for.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand you about everything going towards Christmas...... I’m in the same boat. So no judgement there.

Long term, you might want to spay the females ASAP as your finances allow, at a local low cost spay/neuter clinic (you can google it.) Here in CA, USA for 40$ you can schedule to have your cat or dog fixed at the low cost clinics. If nothing else you might want to do mom now, to prevent more kittens.

Unneuteted males will start spraying, roaming and fighting. The vet bills of just 1 abscess (common from cat fights) is more than the 40$ to neuter! My mom was way to slow to neuter her semi-feral by 7 years! His nose got messed up in a fight. But it serves as a good example of cats getting injured in fights.He is a reformed feral senior cat now..... that sleeps inside most of the day. Getting him neutered stopped almost all fights and drastically cut down on his desire to roam.

FF9612AE-68BD-4E9A-90EA-821E80C76302.jpeg

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we got the time and day for Oreos neuter Oct27 at 9 am pickup 2 pm

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
after much thought we canceled our appointment with local vet cause the lady was giving us the run around so now have an appointment Nov 25

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know this is a cat site but my sister lost her dog of 13 years yesterday , he had acute pancritus , I love him like he was my dog
we spent many happy times together ,I walked him 5 days a week for a lot of years , his name was Clancy and a Bassethound RIP Clancy and Sam