new kitten

ElevenFurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Took my 5-yo Sheeba Kitty on hour and a half drive from Shoshoni, WY to Casper WY today where she underwent a full mouth extraction for painful stomatitis. She's back home in Shoshoni now on pain-killer behaving like a brand new and well kitty after suffering from mouth pain for too long a period of time. That being said I've also a neighbor whose cat gave birth to 4 kittens, have always tended toward taking in the older and less adoptable kitties since kittens are easily adopted but in this particular case, I took care of two 4-week-old kittens for approx 10-days upon discovering their eyes had become matted shut with infection. I was able to clean and then apply to eyes Terramycin for 9-days until babies appeared well. I didn't realize how attached I'd become until I returned those babies to their mama who hadn't enough milk for all her 4 kittens. I discerned that she hadn't enough milk when "rescuing" babies from possible eventual blindness and so while they were in my care I ensured they were also bottle-fed kitten formula Pet Ag Pet Replacer Plus around the clock.Both "Burrito" and "Taco" as I'd named them gained significant weight and were returned to their mama per the owner's request. I am missing them so much yet my hands are definitely full with 9 full-grown kitties including Sheeba who is recuperating from her surgery. Maybe in another week or so both Burrito and Taco can return to live among all the fun domesticated strays and ferals living indoors which is all geared toward feline accommodation including trees, posts, beds, crates, litter boxes, toys, tasty meals and more. Their owner stated he cannot keep them so got my fingers crossed to become baby's Forever Home, we'll see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. How are things coming along with kitten and learning there are some boundaries as well as rules to follow ?
today not so good he is no longer going behind tv but the sink and stove are still a struggle but he gets down when I hold water bottle and firmly say down had to do this many times and seems to do it more when hubby is gone / hubby says I should not play with him
He is like a teenager testing limits , maybe neuter will calm him too

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today is a better day , He sometimes goes behind tv , the counter is fine to go on but not stove slowly learning it off limits

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am picking my battles slowly learning

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
today he learned something new tipping water bowl over , the water is in a ceramic dish and in another container
he seems boredwith his tree now

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oreo is learning where he can go and not go. change of canned food helped We are so happy

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two new kittens now. Sunshine and Pepper. They were born 7/20/2021. They are adjusting great! They like to play with my older cat Athena, but she’s really not sure what to think about them yet.
And the dogs well let’s just say they are still nervous about them being here still

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today is a better day , He sometimes goes behind tv , the counter is fine to go on but not stove slowly learning it off limits
My new kittens are learning that they aren’t allowed on the table or counter. They have a 6’ cat tree to play with.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that is a nice cat tree and cute kittens
Thank you! They don’t really like to be held right now. I’m hoping they will put grow that. I love theming want them to be cuddle bugs and loveable. Hopefully in time it will change

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
some cats do not like being held and some do and, they may like to later

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we are planning to call the vet so Oreo can get shots and neutered .
He also started nipping and also knocking food container over too

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
New Oreo photos on widow sill and on top of fridge 6 months old

Attachments

Last edited:

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oreo is really becoming a handful , at night he knocks is water dish even though it in a heavy ceramic dish and spills he dry food
we are calling for a neuter appointment and shots too I hope this will help

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am getting very frustrated with Oreo he is climbing where is knows he is not supposed to go I am regretting him sorry to vent