new kitten

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now Oreo figured out how to tip water and food dishes. how do resolve this I got home from my friends place this evening he was fine then is getting into things and being naughty going behind tv sorry to vent
He is a kitten, with kitten energy and curiosity. As long as you are keeping him safe, if you can be very glad that he is a healthy, happy kitten, that is what I would do. Enjoying and treasuring his kitten antics is how I would handle this! Clean up the spills. It should not be a big deal. I feed my cats in trays from IKEA. I put their food and water dishes on the trays. That way spills are easy to clean. You can block the space behind the TV with a box or something else that is safe.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In order to stop tipping, the dish needs to be extra wide and shallow so kitty can't make its center of gravity fall outside its base (do I sound like the science teacher that I used to be?). They do make pet dishes that are maybe 5" wide and 1" deep. Kitty shouldn't be able to tip those. Realistically, a saucer might do as well.

Having a play session late, followed by a meal will give you more quiet time until the zoomies start again.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I now say ssst and pretend I an vaccumming and that seems to work I put his water in a heavier dish so that works too
and I try to distract him too with his toys

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In order to stop tipping, the dish needs to be extra wide and shallow so kitty can't make its center of gravity fall outside its base (do I sound like the science teacher that I used to be?). They do make pet dishes that are maybe 5" wide and 1" deep. Kitty shouldn't be able to tip those. Realistically, a saucer might do as well.

Having a play session late, followed by a meal will give you more quiet time until the zoomies start again.
I have been trying to do this too

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my other kitty loved bags and boxes as well
my husband does not like to many boxes or things its clutter he thinks

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes true he works from home but it fine he can get used to it
I like everything neat and orderly too, but I make sure my beloved cats get things to play in/with. They don't have interest in boxes!!! but we have a cat tunnel that they love.
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG

Elvis loves tunnelling! Suha tunnels every Wednesday when "the big turquoise (vacuum) monster" comes out.:angrycat: