New kitten!

buttercup429

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around for a while. I rescued a stray kitten the other day that some drunks were being mean to (kicking ect.). He is so cute a clasic black & white Sylvester type and so loveable to; he's a shoulder cat. Anyway there is one thing, he has a deformed bottom lip. The lip looks as if it has been skined back from the gum, one side a 1/4" farther than the other, exposing his bottom teeth and gums. It also looks as if he may have had a small hair lip on one side of his top lip that has grown together so that it only looks like a C shaped curve in his lip. It all looks like something he was born with and what I was wondering is if as he grows up (I think he's about 4 weeks old) will this cause him any problems? Does anyone know if this kind of deformity is common? Oh well, I thinks he's so cute anyway and it's not that noticeable right now because he's so small but I think it may be as he gets bigger. Hugs & Kisses, Larissa.

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buttercup - what an angel you are for rescuing this little guy!
I don't know the answers to your questions - but I think that these individual traits make us all more interesting.
Good luck with your new little love - any names yet?
Give the little one a big kiss and a kitty hug from us all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

buttercup429

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So far his name is Bink but that's liable to change. Any suggestions?

nightsowindy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww, poor kitty! Why do people do such ignorant things?
I don't know if the deformity is common or not, but the kitty sure sounds cute!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Bink. It sounds like he just appeared out of nowhere with a little =bink!= noise. It's cute. Or maybe you just appeared out of nowhere to rescue him. I'm sure you are his angel . . .

When you get him vetted, you could ask about that. In people, a harelip is the same kind of developmental problem that causes a cleft palate, just not as severe. So he might have other problems that only a vet would detect. And I'm sure there are folks who do corrective surgery if that's the case, though you may have to look pretty hard for them.

Happy Bink!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Going to put this in the health forum as there are many knowledgeable people there that might help you. Thank you for rescuing this poor kitten.