New Kitten, Training book Reccomendations please.

catquestions232

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello All!

I just got this new Siberian kitten (she is 12 weeks old) and I really want to make sure she is a happy and well adjusted cat.  I had a dog growing up and was quite adept at training her, but am lost with this cat haha.  Could any of you recommend books for training a cat? I've been researching a lot online and have found a slurry of conflicting information.  For example, some sites will say pick up a kitten as much as possible and put her down when YOU want to so that she gets used to being held.  Other sites say put her down when SHE wants to get down.  Sites also seem to conflict a lot on biting and bath training, etc.

I just want to get the RIGHT information.  The first dog I had we trained badly and it took a while for him to be well adjusted and friendly due to the sources we used for training knowledge being wrong.  Our second dog was extremely friendly and well behaved and we took much more care training her and finding the right training resources.  If any of you have any places I can go online, or a book I can buy to help learn more about cats and training her, it would be appreciated.  Thankyou!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your best bet is to read the articles on this site. There are a lot of them, and they will give you the best, consistent advice. Just click on the title bar above where it says "Articles" and they will all be listed. There are articles listed under Cat Care, Cat Behavior, Cat Health, etc.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Your best bet is to read the articles on this site. There are a lot of them, and they will give you the best, consistent advice. Just click on the title bar above where it says "Articles" and they will all be listed. There are articles listed under Cat Care, Cat Behavior, Cat Health, etc.
Along with the excellent advice that @DreamerRose gave above,...

There is also a 'Reviews' Section, where it lists books that members have found helpful.

http://www.thecatsite.com/products/category/cat-books

Just search down the side for 'cat behavior books' or 'cat care books'.

You can also do a general 'Search' at the top of the page for 'cat books' which will give you a a lot of threads containing books.

Such as: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/324287/the-trainable-cat-book

But I would do what DreamerRose suggested first, and Read the Articles on Cat Behaviour, Cat Care, etc...because they are very informative and not very long to read.