New kitten sneezing + diarrhea

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We got a new kitten 5 days ago. She had a clean bill of health but they didn't screen for parasites, they just treat new kittens with dewormer by default. She's sneezing a little once every 30-90minutes, it seems to be getting less and I recall every cat I got from that shelter has a little sneezing the few days. But a little more concerning is that the kitten has watery shapeless stools (aka poop), normally would chaulk that upto eating different foods than the shelter.

What has me a little concerned is that my other cats' litter boxes have also had watery stools for the past 2-3days. They haven't met yet but a couple of them have snuck into the kittens room while I was moving her. It likely they went into the kittens litter box, or eaten from her bowl.

Their food ratio has changed since getting the kitten, might be that, and Ive gone to 100% fancy feast pate to rule out their food.

So question is... assuming the poop stays watery and new new symptoms appear, would parasites transfer that easily/cause symptoms that quickly? Cat it be anything other than reaction to food or parasites?

shesgonestella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would take her to a vet immediately. Kittens can get dehydrated and deteriorate with diarrhoea very quickly. Whatever the cause, best to get on top of it asap and not wait for it to get worse.
It’s very likely just stress as cats can be super sensitive to environment changes, but the vet might be able to suggest probiotics etc to help firm them up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would take her to a vet immediately. Kittens can get dehydrated and deteriorate with diarrhoea very quickly. Whatever the cause, best to get on top of it asap and not wait for it to get worse.
It’s very likely just stress as cats can be super sensitive to environment changes, but the vet might be able to suggest probiotics etc to help firm them up.
She asked if shes constantly drinking water (no more than my other cats), if she only poops after eating wet food. (which she does) she suggested giving get 50% dry food til she gets used to it an all wet diet. I have an appt in 3 days. And can call for an emergency visit if things get worse.