New kitten seeks shelter from resident cat

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have 3 month old happy health playful kitten that wants to play with resident cat. But, after the proper cat introduction the resident cat hisses and only tolerates kitten. So kitten sits near me, plays with me, etc. do you think my 3 year old will ever want to join the fun? the rescue shelter would not let a kitten out for adoption unless a young cat was in the home or 2 kittens be taken together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is a week later a resident cat has give a nose (kiss) to the new kitten. They are not playing together, but they are curious with an occasional body sniff, shrug and walk away type attitude from the resident. Newbie wants to play, but generally walks at a distance and gives resident cat lot of respect.

neela307

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You are very lucky. It is very important they tolerate each other. Don't pressure them into playing. I have a five month old kitten and a 10 year old cat and they can't even share a room together. Ever. So trust me, them not playing is fine as long as they respect each other. 

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is so true they get to have their own rooms.. I considered the idea that my two would at best share the same house. Smiles. They have each claimed space. Fuzz Ball took the basement years ago. So I started a safe room for Walker On the top floor. And guess what, Fuzz Ball ventured to the top floor. I guess to get a view of the trees outside. I hope this will keep my 4yo Fuzz Ball more active and not get overweight. Fuzz Ball is skiddish and bolted out when she heard a noise.

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just gave my lit'l boy a rub and found poop on his butt, ! So , I panicked Rapping him snuggly and with a wet cloth of water -less shampoo for cats. He just wants to play . He does not clean after the liter visit. He just went right on playing afterwards. Should I now make a habit of washing him after liter box. 3 mth old has no mum . Would the mum cat do that instinctly?