New Kitten Ragdoll

Mari333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd like to share my new kitty Ragdoll Wesley. It's been 3 days and so far he and our adopted cat Samson are adjusting, also special thanks to the advice that was given here concerning that!

Wesley has some loose stools though and sometimes poops outside the litter box, once on our pricey comforter, yikes! Is there any way to get him to have better littler box skills? I know he's only 11 weeks old but he's been using the same litter that we got from the breeder.

Other than that things are looking up! He's a purrrr machine and so playful and loving. Now we have 2 purrfect cats!

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the forum and came here for advice. Regarding loose stools outside the litter box - have you taken him to the vet since bringing him home? That would be my first step. Did you isolate him in a separate room with his litter box for several days? Here is a helpful Article that discusses litterbox problems: The Litterbox: What Every Cat Owner Needs To Know

Also please feel free to ask any health related questions here: Cat Health

Best of luck, Wesley is absolutely adorable! :lovecat3: I'm sure Samson and him will become BFF's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mari333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome and the article! We're planning to take him to the vet soon. Wesley is isolated and everything is setup in our bedroom for him. He has a separate litter box which we plan to continue after he transitions out of our bedroom. Wesley does come out into our living room in the evening for short periods of time until they adjust. Our older cat Samson hissed at first but he seems to be more afraid and wary of Wesley then anything. Now he's intrigued and getting closer and closer to Wesley in a good way. The same way he began connecting with our rabbit. So things are looking up, thanks again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to your new kitty! I'm glad to hear Samson and Wesley are starting to get along.

One of our cats had the problem of loose stools--diarrhea, really--when we first brought him home as a kitten. We took him to the vet to make sure it wasn't a medical issue. Fortunately, it wasn't, he was very very nervous, poor little guy. Glad to hear you're taking Wesley to the vet soon to make sure he's okay. :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3657.GIF
Mari333 and Samson, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3369.GIF

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Samson is so cute! Great links form the above posters.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mari333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome! :biggrin: