New kitten panic attacks

littlecatt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh she's beautiful, I love blotched tabbies, they remind me of cinnamon rolls! :redheartpump: Did you name her Sky? It's such a pretty name!

She'll definitely settle in too, she's young and loves to play with you so of course she misses you when you leave! You could also look into some foraging toys or there's a battery-operated butterfly wand toy my friend's cats are obsessed with. But ultimately I bet you'll find she's not sitting by the door all day and is instead off sleeping so she's all rested to play with you when you get home. Pets are amazing at picking up our unique sounds; my cats know the sound of my gait and my car (which is crazy to me!), so she might be jumping up when she hears you start to come home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessiep25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her previous family named her but it seemed to suit her kinda cloud like colouring so I kept it! She's 25% main coon and has these little ear tufts that are just so darn cute.

And yes I have to just keep the faith that this is simply a product of her age and her not being used to being alone so much and that she'll grow out of it!

catalinacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww she is adorable.
As other have already stated, I’m sure there will be a period of adjustment for her but if she has a good appetite, using the litter box, and has energy for play then she’s probably fine and dandy. She will adjust to the new routine.
It was probably more stressful for her to be bullied by another pet. It is good that she has space where she can feel safe and has so much individualized attention.
Make sure you don’t forget to take care of yourself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessiep25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a quick update for you all, the last few days have been much better! The camera has helped reassure me she's not simply crying by the door all day whilst I am away! Unfortunately she's gone off her food and has been very sleepy the last few days, I'm going to take her to the vets tomorrow and I really hope it is nothing serious!

But despite this, I am generally significantly calmer about her 😊

I didn't think it really fit in this thread so I made a seperate post about her current situation (Kitten off her food and very sleepy)

Thanks again for all your reassurances!