New Kitten, Old One Won't Eat

Flopi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! Yesterday i brought a ragdoll kitten home. I also own a nine year old siamese. My older cat keeps complaining and Making noises everytime she sees the kitten or we touch her. My worry is that she's not eating, drinking water or using the litter box since yesterday :(
The new kitten has absolutely no problem, she tries to approach but older One won't let her. Any advice? My apartament is too small to split them in separate rooms, and yet if I could, baby gardoll will meow a lot and make the siamese very stressed. I'm wondering whether it was a bad idea bringing the new kitten :( thank you people!!!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello there, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm IMG_3120.GIF to you and your kitties :wave3:

Have you done a proper introduction for the cats? Your Siamese could be stressed by the new kitten and therefore she is making noise.

Anyway, I saw that you posted the same questions in another section, hopefully some others with more experience will be able to help you. In the meanwhile, here are some articles for you to read :-

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Introducing Cats To Cats
How To Safely Break Up A Cat Fight

Do post photos of your kitties for us to see :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flopi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_8044.JPG
IMG_7525.JPG
Hello there, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 188708 to you and your kitties :wave3:

Have you done a proper introduction for the cats? Your Siamese could be stressed by the new kitten and therefore she is making noise.

Anyway, I saw that you posted the same questions in another section, hopefully some others with more experience will be able to help you. In the meanwhile, here are some articles for you to read :-

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Introducing Cats To Cats
How To Safely Break Up A Cat Fight

Do post photos of your kitties for us to see :wink:
Thanks TabbyTom!! I just brought little kitten home, do you suggest any special introduction? I attach some pics of my babies

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi Flopi, your kitties are beautiful :lovecat::lovecat2: What are their names?

Yes, a proper introduction is good unless the cats hit it right off which is seldom the case. Have you read the articles that I posted for you earlier?

Go slow on things and be patient with the process. A good and proper introduction yields great results.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flopi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Siamese name's is Jazmin and ragdoll is Lady ♥♥ Now I'm trying by keeping them in separate rooms, though at night I'm sure the little one will meow a lot if she's not in the bedroom :( I know it takes time but I'm concerned about Jazmin. I read the articles yes thanks :) Every forum advices making the introduction gradually so I'll give it a shot!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your cat and kitten are so lovely. The articles suggested gave you every bit of advice I had for you, so I'll just say,

WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE YOU HERE!