New kitten name dilemma.

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, he came with a name, Loki. He doesn't know it, but....it is cute and does fit him.

However, I like making things complicated and decided that while Loki is still in the running, I'd like to at least consider other names before just sticking with what he came with.

Our other cat is Cadbury, and I was trying to come up with a similar name. Not so much similar in meaning or sound....but style. Like, something you don't hear every day but also still sounds pleasing when you call him out loud. If that makes sense LOL
Some we have considered...
Indie
DaVinci
Vincent
Dexter
Rembrandt

But, this is, for right now, Loki:

Any ideas?

We may end up keeping "Loki" but at least if we do it's like we still named him....right?! Haha

stallion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe...

Smudge?

Mist/Misty?

Wind/Windy?

Mr. Boots?

Socks?

Grey?

Ball?

Frisbee?

Pinata?

Silver?

Sparkle?

Ash?

Cinder?

Dusk/Dusky?

Sooty?

Dust/Dusty?

Fog/Foggy?

Cinderfur?

Frost?

Frostbite?

Ashfur?

Bib? (cuz of white chin)

i hope you like these. 

I just love naming a cat

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always been one to have an immediate name for my cats Keeker is actually Keeker IV because he is the 4th black cat in my family and it's just become tradition. Kricket got his name because on his first and only venture outside (supervised while on the porch when he was a very young kitten) he spent close to an hour preying on a poor cricket. I was actually talking to the cricket (the bug) when I said, "Come here ya stupid cricket before you get killed!", and my little fur ball came running to me. He has been Kricket ever since.

I have absolutely no idea why, but when I saw your kitty's picture, the name Max popped into my brain. I looked up the meaning, and the name Max means 'The Greatest'. He DOES have that look about him... I am Max, and I AM The Greatest! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've always been one to have an immediate name for my cats Keeker is actually Keeker IV because he is the 4th black cat in my family and it's just become tradition. Kricket got his name because on his first and only venture outside (supervised while on the porch when he was a very young kitten) he spent close to an hour preying on a poor cricket. I was actually talking to the cricket (the bug) when I said, "Come here ya stupid cricket before you get killed!", and my little fur ball came running to me. He has been Kricket ever since.

I have absolutely no idea why, but when I saw your kitty's picture, the name Max popped into my brain. I looked up the meaning, and the name Max means 'The Greatest'. He DOES have that look about him... I am Max, and I AM The Greatest! 
I love Kricket's name story!
I usually have a pretty easy time naming too....for some reason I haven't this time. I think it's because I know his shelter name so well....

I like Max. I may have to bring that one up in discussions.

That's the other problem, I have 2 kids and a husband who don't always agree on name choices and I decided that they'd be a part of naming this little guy (Cadbury was all mine LOL)

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I was born in Tasmania, which is where the original Cadbury chocolate factory was, in a place called Claremont.  So I'd like to suggest that..

Or you could go with the chocolate theme in another way and name him Hershey, Nestlé,  Lindt or Ferrero.

He's rather gorgeous, whatever you name him.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born in Tasmania, which is where the original Cadbury chocolate factory was, in a place called Claremont.  So I'd like to suggest that.. :D

Or you could go with the chocolate theme in another way and name him Hershey, Nestlé,  Lindt or Ferrero.

He's rather gorgeous, whatever you name him. :heart4:
As far as I know, the original Cadbury chocolate factory was in Birmingham, England.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like DaVinci! @Mani my dads middle name is Claremont name from a town that his family lived in Canada before they came to the US.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I saw that cute face and curious eyes,I called him Dexter lol so cute your baby 

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If a may, I might suggest a new name... how about, Wyeth (for artist, Andrew Wyeth, since you seem to have several artists' names as ideas) :)

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If a may, I might suggest a new name... how about, Wyeth (for artist, Andrew Wyeth, since you seem to have several artists' names as ideas) :)
Of course! Anyone may suggest a name i didn't list. I certainly didn't have a long list LOL

To be honest though, I'm still no closer to a name. I'VE NEVER had this much trouble naming....it's becoming kind of pitiful.

Although, my husband is leaning more on DaVinci now.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My rule of thumb is how easy it is to call.    DaVinci is a bit of a tongue twister when it's called quickly.. but it will probably be shortened to 'Da'. which is a doddle to say..

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, this kitten has little imps dancing in his eyes!  He is going to be a trickster, and Loki will suit him very well.  A few other "Trickster" names:

Maui  (Hawiian)

Pan (Greek)

Puck (Shakespearean fairy trickster)

Beng (Romany word for devil)

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course! Anyone may suggest a name i didn't list. I certainly didn't have a long list LOL

To be honest though, I'm still no closer to a name. I'VE NEVER had this much trouble naming....it's becoming kind of pitiful.

Although, my husband is leaning more on DaVinci now.
Well, he sure is handsome. I love that he's a gray tuxedo! I'm partial to tuxedo kitties :) :heart4:

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My rule of thumb is how easy it is to call.    DaVinci is a bit of a tongue twister when it's called quickly.. but it will probably be shortened to 'Da'. which is a doddle to say.. :lol3:
LOL that was my thinking too.

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
he's so handsome that he looks like a lancelot to me...