New Kitten Japan

Tramtrist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all and nice to meet you.
I'm living in Japan and am working on making sure my 4 month old Tora (Cream Tabby)has the right food. Up until now he has basically eaten ANYTHING we put in front of him dry or wet. I'm a bit torn on weather to move to 100% one or the other but that's not really my question.
In regards to brands I have a couple choices. Schesir Nature, Wellness Divine Duos, Naturo and Royal Canin are the brands which I've found on this site could be acceptable.
Price isn't really an issue (outside of importing from the US) and I'm looking for the best options possible. Any advice on which way to go brand or dry/wet wise?
IMG_20170817_144143.jpg IMG_20170817_193708.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there! Your kitten is so cute! My general guideline for picking a good cat food is that it should be grain-free, potato-free, carrageenan-free, and have meat as the first ingredient. Meat is also generally preferred to fish as the main protein for cats, because fish can contain mercury.

Subspace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Konichiwa :)

Never heard of Schesir but I do know that the Wellness brand is fairly popular with the community. Wet food is preferred over dry. If you can do 100% wet food, your kitten will love you for it.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Schesir is a supplementary food - great for an occasional treat, but not suitable to make up the bulk of your kitten's diet ;)

Norachan Norachan is in Japan. She may be able to help you more than we can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tramtrist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ah great.. Norachan Norachan had some good advice. I didn't consider Don Quixote... I live in Downtown Nagoya so there's one on every corner. Thanks all for the suggestions!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi T Tramtrist Welcome to TCS.

So you're in Nagoya? I used to live there. I bet it's hot at this time of year, I remember Nagoya summers.

:sweat:

Don Quixote is pretty good, they do good deals on Ciao canned and tuna snack sticks, my cats love them.

Inaba Petfood Corporation|CIAO[Catfood]

Once you find something your cat likes you can get some bargains on Rakuten as well.

【楽天市場】Shopping is Entertainment! : インターネット最大級の通信販売、通販オンラインショッピングコミュニティ

They do free delivery on orders over 5,000 yen, so you can get your cat litter and other things from the same shop and have it all delivered to your door. Saves you having to carry everything home.

;)