New Kitten Introduction

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
She still swipes and swats him when he comes too near and this can get a bit yowly and alarming when they are both on the floor and he has backed her into a corner - so I would either shoo him away at that point, or shake the treat bag and give them both some treats. They will sit near each other and eat treats, still with growling though.

Some good things I would say: yesterday she wandered into the room and he was standing right there and she didn't growl at all. She walked past him like 1ft away and nothing.

She has voluntarily entered a room where he is playing a couple of times. She is showing a small amount of interest in him. Very small, but I'll take it.
Wow. I think things are going real well. :thumbsup:

It actually sounds like a bit of playing to me.
Why would Audrey allow herself to be backed into a corner...by little Elliot?
Huh.
Sure, the growling and yowling are still there...but it sounds more like Audrey just expressing herself...a bit loudly.
Trying to get the message to Elliot...that he better listen...and back slowly away.

It's hard to watch her body language, when she's under the bed,...but if you can watch her ears, any fur up, tail swishing madly, ...or an extremely stiff posture...at other times...then that may tell you how she's still feeling.
He chased her under the bed once, and though nothing terrible happened, he went under there after her and she hated that and yowled at him and swatted him under there, so I took him away as soon as he came out.

But we also had a peaceful half hour the other day where HE was under the bed, watching her, and she was sleeping in HER bed on the floor. Mostly sleeping: half an eye on him. But quiet.
It sounds like they are just about to turn a corner...and really respect each other.

It's probably still good that you took him away...when he annoyed her to the extreme of her yowling...since it's always good to try and end an encounter on a positive...(and disrupt a negative)...to avoid Audrey from...continuing to be in an extreme state of upset.
Plus,...you are also teaching him proper manners, too.
That he cannot get away...with just being a total nuisance to her.

But overall, ...it really sounds like they are interacting fabulously.
Just the fact that Audrey...felt so secure...in sleeping with Elliot near by...kind of shows...that she is not too worried about him.
Sure, one eye still on him...but still...major progress...in the Trust department, there.
Meant to say, I do wonder if they need more time together per day. More than 2hours in the morning and 1 hour in the evening. But I don't know how to do that without disrupting Audrey's sleep patterns: she often likes to sleep right through the day from like 10am to 8pm!
I actually think they are ready for more time together.

Perhaps you could try and allow them to be together...even when Audrey is sleeping.
Does she only like to sleep upstairs, in the bedroom,...or would she also sleep downstairs, too,...if you moved her cat bed to downstairs, as well.
Or placed another cardboard box, on it's side...and draped over with a sheet or small blanket...to create a sort of den for her.
Really any place, that she would be ...somewhat separated from Elliot...in height...or distance...or even by a blanket...but could still keep an eye on him...if she wanted to.

Experiment a bit, ...and see how it goes.
Wear Elliot out...with a long play session....then you could feed them both some treats or wet food...as a treat...and see if Elliot would settle down...and not be as rambunctious around Audrey. :bluepaw:
(Though, with kitten energy...that's doubtful...but you can always try...and see if it helps.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moggielady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow. I think things are going real well. :thumbsup:

It actually sounds like a bit of playing to me.
Why would Audrey allow herself to be backed into a corner...by little Elliot?
Huh.
Sure, the growling and yowling are still there...but it sounds more like Audrey just expressing herself...a bit loudly.
Trying to get the message to Elliot...that he better listen...and back slowly away.

It's hard to watch her body language, when she's under the bed,...but if you can watch her ears, any fur up, tail swishing madly, ...or an extremely stiff posture...at other times...then that may tell you how she's still feeling.

It sounds like they are just about to turn a corner...and really respect each other.

It's probably still good that you took him away...when he annoyed her to the extreme of her yowling...since it's always good to try and end an encounter on a positive...(and disrupt a negative)...to avoid Audrey from...continuing to be in an extreme state of upset.
Plus,...you are also teaching him proper manners, too.
That he cannot get away...with just being a total nuisance to her.

But overall, ...it really sounds like they are interacting fabulously.
Just the fact that Audrey...felt so secure...in sleeping with Elliot near by...kind of shows...that she is not too worried about him.
Sure, one eye still on him...but still...major progress...in the Trust department, there.

I actually think they are ready for more time together.

Perhaps you could try and allow them to be together...even when Audrey is sleeping.
Does she only like to sleep upstairs, in the bedroom,...or would she also sleep downstairs, too,...if you moved her cat bed to downstairs, as well.
Or placed another cardboard box, on it's side...and draped over with a sheet or small blanket...to create a sort of den for her.
Really any place, that she would be ...somewhat separated from Elliot...in height...or distance...or even by a blanket...but could still keep an eye on him...if she wanted to.

Experiment a bit, ...and see how it goes.
Wear Elliot out...with a long play session....then you could feed them both some treats or wet food...as a treat...and see if Elliot would settle down...and not be as rambunctious around Audrey. :bluepaw:
(Though, with kitten energy...that's doubtful...but you can always try...and see if it helps.)
Hmm, I was feeling encouraged by the last couple of days, but this morning didn't go so well. They were together downstairs for just over 2hrs. Elliot was quite the PITA but I thought Audrey was coping quite well with him. She even came into the glass room where he was playing and sat down on the floor and watched him for 20 mins or so. He would run up to within a couple of feet of her, she would hiss/growl, he would run away again. Repeat, unless I distracted him with string, which I did quite a lot of.

But then she left and walked through into the other room, and he ran after her, and instead of jumping up to her safe spot (which was right next to her) she sat down with her back to him, and he sneaked right up to her - so she whipped around, made the loudest sound I have ever heard her make, and swiped him three or four times, very fast, and it looked quite hard.

I immediately went to pick him up so she could get away. He latched on to my arm and started biting and clawing my hand, as if I was her - not terrible but ouch! She ran off upstairs as soon as I opened the door for her.

Ugh. Sigh.

When I carried him up to put him away in his safe room, she was sitting in the doorway of our room - she hadn't immediately gone under the bed, which I guess is good? And he was completely hyper, racing around his room for 15 minutes or so before he settled down for his nap.

I don't know - it doesn't seem like playing, but then I have never seen Audrey play with another cat before, only with toys, which she does completely silently and in quite a calm manner.

You asked about her body language, cat nap. When Elliot is around, her ears stay in the 'normal' position as far as I can see: slightly pointed forward. Her tail twitches a bit at the end, but she does that when I am stroking her too, or when she is watching the world go by. Definitely not lashing. When she walks around she holds her tail low to the ground, and her body seems quite low too.

I did bring her bed downstairs but she ignored it. He, on the other hand, spent about half an hour wrestling with it... :rolleyes:

Moggielady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, she will slow-blink at me even when he is in the room, and she frequently looks away from him out of the window, though she keeps the growling up - not continuously, but every ten seconds or so, as if she wants to keep reminding him not to try anything.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I suggest instead of picking Elliot up in if you want to separate in an encounter like this- they both will be in a highly excited state and it's common for a cat to lash out that way at the human picking them up in that state- having a piece of cardboard to put between them if you can do it safely and herding Elliot away if the cat being whapped doesn't retreat or I've also tossed a sofa pillow right beside them and then used the cardboard between to stop visual and herd when they stop to look at the surprise incoming pillow. It startles them some but since it's beside them it doesn't harm them.
I swear I would carry my cardboard with me when in this phase of intro when mine were together! Awkward but very useful, and it's temporary.
Also, Elliot may have run away on his own? After a few slaps of the message to not get that close? Which would be message delivered, message listened to with Elliot retreating. And sometimes cats who are comfortable with each other and intro'd and get irritated will slap to say "knock it off."

Moggielady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I suggest instead of picking Elliot up in if you want to separate in an encounter like this- they both will be in a highly excited state and it's common for a cat to lash out that way at the human picking them up in that state- having a piece of cardboard to put between them if you can do it safely and herding Elliot away if the cat being whapped doesn't retreat or I've also tossed a sofa pillow right beside them and then used the cardboard between to stop visual and herd when they stop to look at the surprise incoming pillow. It startles them some but since it's beside them it doesn't harm them.
I swear I would carry my cardboard with me when in this phase of intro when mine were together! Awkward but very useful, and it's temporary.
Also, Elliot may have run away on his own? After a few slaps of the message to not get that close? Which would be message delivered, message listened to with Elliot retreating. And sometimes cats who are comfortable with each other and intro'd and get irritated will slap to say "knock it off."
Thank you pearl99, that is very sensible. Funny about carrying the cardboard around! I must do that. Room to room. I am following them around anyway... Yes, Elliot might've run off himself. For the past couple of weeks I haven't intervened when she's swiped him and he has backed off. But today seemed more violent than usual and I just panicked I think. Wasn't sure if it was too much for him, or her. It is so hard to judge!

Moggielady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Audrey has been back downstairs and they had a very positive 20 mins , including 5 mins sitting on the windowsill together eating treats and looking out the window, with no growls - so earlier events haven't been disastrous, I'm very glad to say.

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
It is hard to judge and scary. But our instincts are good and this is more art than science as someone TCS says about intros.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Peaceful breakfast time...
It's interesting how cats manage to have an altercation...one day...and then the next meeting is either really good, ...or still a bit tense.
Looks like your two cats...are moving towards the peaceful co-existence phase...and hopefully will reach the..."let's play together, sometimes" phase, too.:cloud9:

From your descriptions above, ...it is hard to say...if it was the added time together...that added to Audrey's stress..or if she just felt it was the proper time to whack and swipe at Elliot...a bit more than usual.
I don't know - it doesn't seem like playing, but then I have never seen Audrey play with another cat before, only with toys, which she does completely silently and in quite a calm manner.

You asked about her body language, cat nap. When Elliot is around, her ears stay in the 'normal' position as far as I can see: slightly pointed forward. Her tail twitches a bit at the end, but she does that when I am stroking her too, or when she is watching the world go by. Definitely not lashing. When she walks around she holds her tail low to the ground, and her body seems quite low too.

I did bring her bed downstairs but she ignored it.
He, on the other hand, spent about half an hour wrestling with it...🙄
Her body language sounds really good.
Not overly upset at all.
If you go back...and read your first posts, ...in this thread...and compare them to now....then huge improvements...and progress...has been made. :read:

"I did bring her bed downstairs but she ignored it. He, on the other hand, spent about half an hour wrestling with it...🙄"
Okay, I shouldn't laugh...here,...but Elliot wrestling with Audrey's cat bed...for about half an hour...is just too adorable. :blush: :lol:

I guess when you cannot wrestle with the actual real cat...which you admire a lot...and want to follow everywhere...or the real cat swipes at you...then wrestling with Audrey's cat bed...is the next best ..and safest thing for Elliot to do.
Way to go Team Elliot! :tabbycat: :cheerleader: :crackup:

I hope Audrey was not watching...in complete and utter...laser eyed disgust.
She might take out her frustrations...on some of Elliot's toys...next. :cringe: :angryfire: :wink:
Also, she will slow-blink at me even when he is in the room, and she frequently looks away from him out of the window, though she keeps the growling up - not continuously, but every ten seconds or so, as if she wants to keep reminding him not to try anything.
Audrey has been back downstairs and they had a very positive 20 mins , including 5 mins sitting on the windowsill together eating treats and looking out the window, with no growls - so earlier events haven't been disastrous, I'm very glad to say.
Somehow, with every cat introduction...there seems to come a point...where what seems to be a huge altercation takes place...and then things settle down.

If you have some extra time...and can watch some more online youtube videos...then I'd suggest more from that previous:...The Cat Behaviour Channel.
Their videos are really useful... for seeing how typical interactions happen.
Especially helpful...is: part 3, 5, and 6.
'Cat Fight! Bengal Kitten introduced to Adult Cat Part3'....at the 5:14 mark...you actually see young chatzi...bite teego...and teego then has to swipe back at him hard...to make sure that chatzi...does not try and continue that type of biting with him.
In ...'Bengal invasion! First visit downstairs - Part 5'...at the 2:52 mark...queen freya hisses loudly.
And finally...in 'Bengal kitten settles with other cats - Part 6'...at the 0:23 mark...a lot of hissing is heard from queen freya.

Hopefully, with more passage of time...and interactions...you will be hearing a lot less and less...of these typical cat sounds.
Any type of lessening...is good. :) :bluepaw:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
She continues to act a little bit more like herself when we are alone. She sat with us, on my partner's lap, and watched half a movie the other night for the first time since Elliot arrived. I joked it was because it was the first non-trashy movie we had watched in ages, and she was like, 'Finally, they put a decent piece of cinema on!' 😄
I forgot to say...you had me in stitches...with the above comments and observations...about what Audrey's inner monologue would be saying...while you and your partner...were finally watching a 'non-trashy movie'. ..:crackup::popcorn: 📺 " 'Finally, they put a decent piece of cinema on!" :lol: :bigeyes:

(My female cat is a bit similar...in that she will leave the room...if I'm watching or listening to anything...that she deems...'awful or terrible'...too. Tripp, the male cat, does not mind so much, when I put dance music on...or watch something awful...but Tepaul makes it extremely clear...that she is not a fan....by leaving as soon as it starts.)
I feel like we will get there in time, but I also feel a consistent level of stress about him not being able to come and go freely and her not being comfortable, and also about having to supervise SO MUCH. Not just when he's with her: he is a devil with any cabling (though we have done out best to hide it), any little bit of anything dropped on the floor he will eat, he still climbs the curtains sometimes, and he will try and get into the fridge, under the dishwasher, etc. etc. if we are not vigilant with closing doors.
Ahh, yes...the 'kitten-proofing' a home...seems to be endless...especially when your cute little kitten...finds new things to explore...and new places to get into. :eek2:

I forgot how much work it was...and how much you had to...watch and close off areas...and try to think like a kitten who loves to explore. Especially the under, or behind,... the fridge, stove, laundry washer and dryer, too.
Using 'diy' pieces of wooden boards, or plastic, to block off access...seemed to be a continuous task.
And then the fold out, or mechanical sofa chairs...which couldn't be used...and had to be tied down...to not accidentally hurt a cat.

(Even now, though, I still have to make sure that my female cat does not chew on my smartphone charger wire...or my male cat...who likes to get behind the tv set...and just explore...does not get hurt from touching, biting or clawing an electric power cord. Thankfully, he hasn't chewed one...but I still just unplug the power bar...until he comes back out...or I can reach him safely...and move him.)
:eek2: :doh:

I know you said that you've hidden the cabling and wires...but I'll just copy and paste...some info...that I wrote from a previous thread:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Preventing cord chewing by cats.
  1. "Bitter Apple" with some success, since it lightly coats the wires, and gives it a slight bitter taste (though the wire has to be fully intact with no teeth puncture marks). and one cat ignored it.
  2. The cord protectors I have used for squirrels in garage were called "split loom").... Amazon.co.uk : Wire Loom
  3. if you go to Home Depot or some electronic store and buy electric cord "protectors" that can keep all your cords covered. Cable Management - Electronics - The Home Depot..
  4. (they also sell "electrical wire race-way covers"...for 'electrical cable and wire management')Amazon.co.uk
  5. you can also cover the cords in clear thick vinyl tubing which the Home Depot carries for plumbing.
  6. like other TCS members mentioned, ... using empty paper tubes from paper towels or toilet paper rolls, but you would have to tape these or arrange them to cover the wire in total length. (worked for a bit, until I made some cat toy feeders from the tubes, and placed dry cat treats inside, which then confused my cats. They could not understand why it was okay to play with some tubes, but not the paper tubes that cover the wires. totally my mistake there.)
  7. lastly, I tried clear wide tape and duct tape, to tape away the cords, which made the place look awful, but prevented access to the cords behind the t.v., phone, answering machine.
  8. some TCS members said trying out a lemon, or citrus, also worked (I never tried that)
  9. also using 'aquarium tubing' from a fish store
  10. "sticky paws" tape product...to deter scratching
  11. I have read that you can place 'aluminum foil paper' on sofas, tables and chairs.
    Not sure how much aluminum foil you'd need for a sofa, though. Maybe just the ends, I guess.
If your cat scratches doors, try "carpet remnants" and tape them up to the door, since all my cats loved to scratch carpets and furniture, which I would just cover with furniture throws, or buy corrugated cardboard scratching boards.
Furniture throw covers are great to protect chairs and sofa.

(I realize you probably don't have 'home depot' hardware store...over there...but there must be some equivalent...hardware stores..as well. Though with the covid lockdowns...may only be able to buy things online.)
He is being neutered this coming week so I am curious to see how that will affect his behaviour, if at all, and trying not to worry too much about vet smell on him and how Audrey will react!
Ah, yes...about vet smell. Audrey may not have any reaction...
(You probably already know this...but I'll post it anyway:)

Take something that smells of Audrey...a cat blanket...(or towel that smells of her)...and make sure to rub Elliot with it...when he returns...so as he comes to smell like Audrey...(and not where he's been...vet clinic smells...meds...etc.)
Or use the "ode to vanilla" ...trick....posted here: see post #2...
Cat aggressive after other’s vet visit
The member above, said that they brushed their cat...to transfer the scents...back to the other one...and that seemed to work.

Give Elliot a huge hug... and relaxing pats from me....and my fur crew...before his neutering. :bluepaw:
(Tripp says, "no worries"...though he says it like a "meow,...mew"..he will be home and comfortable...before he knows it.)
All the luck...and healing vibes for Elliot...being sent his way...this week. :goodluck::vibes::vibes::tabbycat:

Last edited:

Moggielady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And finally...in 'Bengal kitten settles with other cats - Part 6'...at the 0:23 mark...a lot of hissing is heard from queen freya.
Hopefully, with more passage of time...and interactions...you will be hearing a lot less and less...of these typical cat sounds.
Any type of lessening...is good. :) :bluepaw:
I've looked at the videos you suggested and this one (Part 6), around 0.23 to 1.20, is *exactly* like how Elliot and Audrey are most of the time. Audrey growls and hisses at him when he comes near, but doesn't go towards him. He tries to sneak up to her and is very curious.

I'd say the swiping in Cat Fight! at 5.24 is what Audrey did on Saturday: the fierce swiping with the high paw. I didn't see what Elliot did to annoy her but I suspect he would've come right up to her and touched her tail when she was looking the other way...

He is at the vet's now, poor little guy, and we will pick him up in a couple hours. Thank you for the good wishes! :angel3:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
He is at the vet's now, poor little guy, and we will pick him up in a couple hours. Thank you for the good wishes! :angel3:
More Mega healing vibes being sent Elliot's way. :vibes::vibes::tabbycat:
He might be a bit more sleepy today, after his neuter procedure...so probably a restful,...quiet day for all. :sleep2: :blackcat: :catlove:

Moggielady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my god, he has been the opposite of sleepy. We were warned that he might just snooze all day and not be hungry. But he has been WILD. Crazy zoomies. Ate more food than I would imagine he could fit in his little belly and still wouldn't go to sleep. The procedure went fine but it has clearly affected him in some kind of a way - the procedure or the aftermath of general anaesthetic I guess. Surely he will have to just conk out at some point?! I feel like he has come home with more testosterone than I dropped him off with!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my god, he has been the opposite of sleepy. We were warned that he might just snooze all day and not be hungry. But he has been WILD. Crazy zoomies. Ate more food than I would imagine he could fit in his little belly and still wouldn't go to sleep. The procedure went fine but it has clearly affected him in some kind of a way - the procedure or the aftermath of general anaesthetic I guess. Surely he will have to just conk out at some point?! I feel like he has come home with more testosterone than I dropped him off with!
I sure hope he didn't "come home with more testosterone than (you) dropped him off with". :crackup::spew::lol:
He's probably just really, really, happy to be home...and has to make up for some lost time..:wink:..while they were doing the neuter procedure,...not to mention the 'food fasting'...That must be the toughest part for cats...wondering why their nice humans...suddenly don't give them anything to eat...so many hours...before a surgical procedure. :drinking:
Glad that everything went well. :) Thanks so much for the update. :thumbsup:

(Here, I remember the clinic vet saying they induce them to sleep...but then also give an opposite injection to fully wake them up again. And the neuter procedure itself if very quick...under ten minutes.)
Mine were fully awake when brought home, but did eat and then sleep for a few hours. Then they acted all normal...and wanted to run around.)
With neutering here, I was surprised that they just leave the 'scrotal sac incision' line open...and it just heals rather quickly...with no stitches needed. Kind of amazing how fast they heal...when I think about it. :bluepaw:

Last edited:

Moggielady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I sure hope he didn't "come home with more testosterone than (you) dropped him off with". :crackup::spew::lol:
He's probably just really, really, happy to be home...and has to make up for some lost time..:wink:..while they were doing the neuter procedure,...not to mention the 'food fasting'...That must be the toughest part for cats...wondering why their nice humans...suddenly don't give them anything to eat...so many hours...before a surgical procedure. :drinking:
Glad that everything went well. :) Thanks so much for the update. :thumbsup:

(Here, I remember the clinic vet saying they induce them to sleep...but then also give an opposite injection to fully wake them up again. And the neuter procedure itself if very quick...under ten minutes.)
Mine were fully awake when brought home, but did eat and then sleep for a few hours. Then they acted all normal...and wanted to run around.)
With neutering here, I was surprised that they just leave the 'scrotal sac incision' line open...and it just heals rather quickly...with no stitches needed. Kind of amazing how fast they heal...when I think about it. :bluepaw:
Yes, they left his incisions open here too, but I can hardly see anything, and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort at all, which is great.

He has calmed down now thank goodness! And is back to playing more or less normally, though I'd say he is a bit more chilled than he was before, to the extent that he has allowed himself to fall asleep downstairs a few times: normally he is just too excited to be out, and will keep racing around until we pop him back in his room to sleep...

Audrey continues to grumble at him but I think she might be softening up a bit. Today I plonked him on the windowsill next to her and gave them both treats. After the treats, he stayed there, and she stayed there too. There were a few growls but eventually they just sat there silently together for about half an hour. He fell asleep, except if he tried to shift a bit and get more comfortable, she growled at him again and woke him up :lol:

Also progress in that she jumped up on me to sit on my lap when he was in the room. First time she has done that. Slowly, slowly, we are getting there... just wanted to update for those of you still reading. Thank you for your interest in my kitties and all your advice 🥰

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Audrey continues to grumble at him but I think she might be softening up a bit. Today I plonked him on the windowsill next to her and gave them both treats. After the treats, he stayed there, and she stayed there too. There were a few growls but eventually they just sat there silently together for about half an hour. He fell asleep, except if he tried to shift a bit and get more comfortable, she growled at him again and woke him up :lol:
:crackup:Elliot sounds like he'd make a terrible bed partner...with all that shifting to get more comfortable.
I'd be growling, too.
I really love Audrey,...being so expressive and all. :blackcat:

You're really doing excellent with these cat-to-kitten intros.
I know it must be tough to hear all those growls and grumbles...but if they are managing to be closer together...and for longer spans of time...then it sounds like a positive progress forward.
Also progress in that she jumped up on me to sit on my lap when he was in the room. First time she has done that. Slowly, slowly, we are getting there... just wanted to update for those of you still reading. Thank you for your interest in my kitties and all your advice 🥰
:clapcat: She jumped up to sit on you. Wow.
Audrey is mellowing a bit more every day. Maybe it was your better choices in movies, lately. So she appreciates you more. :lol: :blush: :wink:

I love your updates.
(I always want to bother you on wednesdays...and ask for updates...but then figure...it might be better to wait until fridays...so as not to seem too impatient. Today's thursday...so now I have to remember not to bug you on friday...again.
I cannot help it,...since Audrey and Elliot...are among a few cat couples...that I'm still addicted to hearing about. I can't say that out loud in front of my own cats...or they might chew my internet wires. :paranoid: Have a great night, Moggielady.:blush:)

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
since Audrey and Elliot...are among a few cat couples...that I'm still addicted to hearing about. I can't say that out loud in front of my own cats...or they might chew my internet wires. :paranoid: Have a great night, Moggielady.:blush:)
Oh yes! I have some cat couples too that I've poured through the intro threads for weeks on end. And I'm sad when it's all done and I don't hear any more :(.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes! I have some cat couples too that I've poured through the intro threads for weeks on end. And I'm sad when it's all done and I don't hear any more :(.
I can totally understand that, too, pearl99 pearl99 . :) :hugs: :agree:
It's like we're so happy, on the one hand,...that the cat intros are doing well, ...and are moving to the next stages...of regular life.
That's just the regular way these type of cat intros work.

The TCS members doing the actual cat intros...are probably thinking, "thank goodness, this part of the journey is over".:woo:..since they are the ones that have to listen to the daily hisses, growls, and other vocalizations...plus all the action, too.
We, who are reading and answering the threads, actually have the easier part of just joining the journey, for a while, not actually having to hear the daily cat intro sounds. So we think, "I wonder what those two cats are up to today?" :think:
I always figure things are going well, if no new updates are happening...at least that is what I'm thinking.
But yeah, I get so curious. :blush:

(I actually always know that 'this point in time' will happen,..with each cat-intro thread...that starts.
and it's not like the cats or members are moving to Mars...and no longer will be able to send messages, or write, or post photos.🛸
Maybe it's that some of us humans...might be worse than our cats...in "not liking any changes"....or "needing to move at a snail's pace....to accept a change" (not sure, maybe 'accepting changes' slowly..is just me, but probably not. :paperbag: )🐌

Hey, pearl99 pearl99 , but I just wondered...you actually have 2 sets of cat couples...(or are they more like a 'trio'...and then the last one to join...is still keeping to himself...was that Ziggy?...(since your beautiful banner has all their photos and names.)

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
It's like we're so happy, on the one hand,...that the cat intros are doing well, ...and are moving to the next stages...of regular life.

The TCS members doing the actual cat intros...are probably thinking, "thank goodness, this part of the journey is over".:woo:..since they are the ones that have to listen to the daily hisses, growls, and other vocalizations...plus all the action, too.
We, who are reading and answering the threads, actually have the easier part of just joining the journey, for a while, not actually having to hear the daily cat intro sounds. So we think, "I wonder what those two cats are up to today?" :think:
I always figure things are going well, if no new updates are happening...at least that is what I'm thinking.
But yeah, I get so curious. :blush:

(I actually always know that 'this point in time' will happen,..with each cat-intro thread...that starts.
and it's not like the cats or members are moving to Mars...and no longer will be able to send messages, or write, or post photos.🛸
Maybe it's that some of us humans...might be worse than our cats...in "not liking any changes"....or "needing to move at a snail's pace....to accept a change" (not sure, maybe 'accepting changes' slowly..is just me, but probably not. :paperbag: )🐌

Hey, pearl99 pearl99 , but I just wondered...you actually have 2 sets of cat couples...(or are they more like a 'trio'...and then the last one to join...is still keeping to himself...was that Ziggy?...(since your beautiful banner has all their photos and names.)
Actually the one most keeping to self is Gracie, the third one to come. She just prefers to sleep a lot of the day. First she camped out in a cat tower, now has decided my bed is the best place. She doesn’t mind the others at all. Ziggy is out in the house quite a bit now. But she loves her room and does spend time in there.
Yeah that’s true people in intros are sure glad it’s done! With my 4 it has always been a relief “yay they can be together!!” Haha.

Moggielady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been reading tons of other threads and posts these past weeks too, getting caught up in how the kitty relationships are developing. It is really lovely and, yes, rather addictive!

Typing this sitting on my bed. Elliot is asleep next to me, and Audrey is asleep in her bed on the floor. So it is possible for them both to nap in the same room now :) I'm starting to feel like we will be able to let Elliot come and go out of the bedroom during the day, even if Audrey is asleep in here.

She also seems to be coming down on to the floor more often when they are both downstairs. It's very hard to tell if she's playing or not. Audrey was not very well socialised as a young cat: she is quite peculiar, always hides when we have company, and is very slow to play with toys, as I think I have mentioned. With all the growling and hissing it seems like she doesn't enjoy Elliot's company; but at the same time, she is choosing to watch him more, and choosing not to jump up on windowsills or tables out of his way quite so often, even though she knows this works.

He follows her everywhere when she is on the floor. He is like her little shadow. Or he will run away and then run back up to her, clearly desperate for her to chase him. Occasionally she does lunge towards him for a few steps, hissing of course...