New Kitten Has Ringworm, Overwhelmed

Ash&daisy&luna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We recently adopted a new kitten(Luna). She is 9.5 weeks old and we have had her for a week and a half. The rescue group didnt know she had ringworm when we adopted her so we weren't prepared for this. I have an eight year old daughter (who slept with the new kitten the first couple days!!) and we have a 7 month old kitty(Daisy) who doesn't have the best immune system herself. We have moved Luna from the spare bedroom where we were keeping her during introductions to the bathroom for easier disinfecting. I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed primarily because I'm worried for my daughter and daisy. Everything I read online just makes me feel like this is going to be a never ending battle. I reached out to the rescue group and I now have a couple options but don't know what is best...
Option one: deal with it.
Option two: they take her back and the resuce treats it then return her to us
Option three: they take her back and we get a new kitten (this option is off the table however because it just doesn't sit right with me to do that)

Please any suggestions, ideas, thoughts anything!!

Joandlily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you going through this. I'm sure it's not what you expected when adopting her. If you are feeling so overwhelmed why don't you give her back to the rescue group till she's well enough to come back to you. That way you won't have to worry about your daughter or your cat. Hugs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ash&daisy&luna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry you going through this. I'm sure it's not what you expected when adopting her. If you are feeling so overwhelmed why don't you give her back to the rescue group till she's well enough to come back to you. That way you won't have to worry about your daughter or your cat. Hugs
I guess the biggest hesitation is guilt of not being able to handle it and moving little Luna so much. But daisy my other cat is also going crazy. We were at the final stages of introduction when we found out about the ringworm and now they just both sit on either side of the bathroom door crying all night.
I guess I just need to get over it and have the rescue help because my family is going nuts. thanks for your response

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think talking w/ the rescue is a good idea. Make it clear to them you do want this kitty, you just have handful and need a bit of assistance during this time. If they have any volunteer available, they will step up and help.

And I will say, I was given a kitten 11 years ago, and turned out she had ringworm. It was a crazy time, as I had 8 other cats plus my Dad w/ dementia. All the baths for the kitten, and walking around with her in a towel, waiting until I could rinse her.

That kitty is now 11 years old, and the ringworm disaster is a very distant memory. This too shall pass.