New kitten eating Blue Ridge kitten grind and mix? Not confident in it

auntarctica

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just adopted a new kitten (4 months) that the breeder said was eating Blue Ridge kitten grind and mix (1/2 & 1/2), plus kitty bloom and nuvet vitamins, and a probiotic.

I am concerned about her being nutritionally complete. The breeder is excellent and experienced. But I am new to raw. The kitten eats in first am and at night, but she is skipping her mid-day meal. She acts hungry though. I've tried sprinkling canned salmon on top (not much, tiny amt as its cooked), canned foods, and more of the bloom (which is flavored with cheese). She clearly is not that sold on any of it.

My biggest concern is that she is not eating 3 times a day.

Is the kitten grind plus mix need a supplement other than this bloom to be complete?

Anyone else do this? Should I just go with a new diet?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kitty Bloom isn't intended to turn raw meat into a complete diet. It's just a general supplement.

I'm not sure if the Blue Ridge kitten products are complete diets. I know the regular ones for adults are not.

You may likely need to add supplements to it but exactly which ones I'm not sure. Maybe another TCS member can offer suggestions. A pre-mix such as EZComplete probably won't work because your kitten might get too much of a vitamin or mineral. Or look into making your own raw diet or feeding a commercial brand of raw cat food. One of my cats was weaned right onto commercial raw cat food by the breeder and he has been eating it ever since.