New Kitten-Dirty Bum

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well update. Kitten and adult cat are in a rooom together for intensive training and bonding.
Kitten goes outside the box inside the room, requires bathes due to dried excrement.
when the kitten is let out of the room unsupervised, the kitten goes outside the box in the rest of the home.
The older cat is given breaks from the room, and loved on. The kitten has to be supervised at all times when out of the room.
After giving her baths, she won’t groom herself dry. Maybe it’s a kitten thing. She has a heating mat, she used it after her bath today.
idk what to do. I’m in over my head.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well update. Kitten and adult cat are in a rooom together for intensive training and bonding.
Kitten goes outside the box inside the room, requires bathes due to dried excrement.
when the kitten is let out of the room unsupervised, the kitten goes outside the box in the rest of the home.
The older cat is given breaks from the room, and loved on. The kitten has to be supervised at all times when out of the room.
After giving her baths, she won’t groom herself dry. Maybe it’s a kitten thing. She has a heating mat, she used it after her bath today.
idk what to do. I’m in over my head.
Does she have a litter box in every room or does she have to go back to the room that she’s usually limited to? Maybe she’s afraid she’ll be locked out and avoids going to that room when she’s allowed elsewhere. I’d have as much litter boxes as possible at the moment in every room, they can be removed when she’s older.
What does she eat? Is it possible that her poop is too soft and that’s why it traces?

You could place some soft butter/plain jogurt on her bum to force her to clean herself, hopefully she’ll learn to clean herself that way

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does she have a litter box in every room or does she have to go back to the room that she’s usually limited to? Maybe she’s afraid she’ll be locked out and avoids going to that room when she’s allowed elsewhere. I’d have as much litter boxes as possible at the moment in every room, they can be removed when she’s older.
What does she eat? Is it possible that her poop is too soft and that’s why it traces?

You could place some soft butter/plain jogurt on her bum to force her to clean herself, hopefully she’ll learn to clean herself that way
Well. I have three litter boxes. I put two in the the room where her and the other cat are in. Eventually, I want to let her out of the room. I like to share my space with the cats. I can get or make litter boxes. The thing is, I have carpet, and cats do go right outside their box occasionally. I don't want to put a box on carpet for that reason.
There is a grate on the bottom of the bird cage. The birds also put out their wood shavings on to the floor in that area. She consistently picks that spot to go 1 and 2. It's in a tight corner. Id have to make a box into a litter box because it's a small area.
She doesn't clean herself after using the bathroom. I don't know how to show her.
I think she gets caught up in playing, she just goes.
I really don't want to get more litter boxes. I want to wait until she is older. Maybe she will learn from the other cat to keep herself clean and use the letterbox.
I'm tired of stressing over carpet cleaning when I find 1 and 2. I get what you are saying. Maybe when she is cleaner, or lets the older cat clean her; I can let her out with extra letterboxes.
I'm tiered of being the woman who smells of cat urine.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok. I put a litter box where she has been going in the corner.
I let them out of the room on a trial. After the older cat introduced her to the litter, she prefers to leave her waste in the new box.
they are back to sleeping with me! I’m glad for that!
I’ve put in some diffusers for all the change that’s happening.
I have some cute stories about how she is learning to be a cat!
hobestyI think she loves to play so much and finds herself urgently looking for a place to relive herself.
So I remind her before I leave the house and when I come home there are no suprises.
The 4th litter box location really helps. Although I am constantly looking for mishaps, I don’t want them on the floor. A friend told me about toilet training. What are your thoughts?