New Job Starting Today.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am starting a new job in about 10 hours and am super nervous about it for some reason. I am going to be working at an emergency hospital, the swing shift. Don't know why I am stressing this. I have done emergency before. I know what I am doing. But, I am older now and the shifts are brutal. It is also highly stressful. So, of course, I can't sleep. Grrr. :dizzycat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Doing well at my new job. We had a surgeon come in that I worked with 15 years ago who said really great things about me to my new boss. So that was good. Everyone there is appreciative of what I do. It is so nice to not have to deal with the toxic crap I was dealing with. I do miss the cats of course.
Being an emergency vet it is stressful and often sad. The shifts are long but the benefits are great and the pay is good for this line of work.

arikanisil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats for the new job you landed. I hope you will like it as the time passes by, despite being stressful bcs of emergency cases.

Best of luck in this new challenge :)

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ugh. This job sucks. But I don’t have any options right now. I hope it improves. The Vet is ok. The coworkers are nice enough, but I hate the way cats are treated.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, it is sad. Working emergency, there are allot of euthanasia’s and it does get very depressing. I am doing the best I can with it, but it’s hard.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After another 11 hour shift, third one in a row and 2 more days to go, I find myself unable to stop thinking about all the pets and people we had to turn away due to staffing shortages. So many euthanasia’s. So many critically injured and ill animals. I’ve worked emergency before but have never experienced having to turn Pets and their people away. Of course I have no way to find out what happened to them.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
O my can feel the stress here…another way to think on it is: you helped a lot of lives and people simply by being there. All you can do is focus on the now, not the what ifs…not your fault. Thank you for all the help you give!