New HHP show cat (kitten)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
nunnc84 nunnc84 CFA and TICA are the two largest associations in the U.S. and both have Household Pet categories at their shows. I've never shown in TICA but I know their HHP judging is more complicated than CFA. I can help you with CFA since that's where I show.

Your profile says you're in Indiana which is in CFA Region 6, Midwest. Where in Indiana are you located? Some of the shows in Region 4, Great Lakes might be closer to you.

HHPs must be at least 4 months old to enter a show. Cats 8 months and older must be spayed or neutered. No declawed cats are allowed in the show. You should bathe your kitty before the show and trim claws on all 4 feet. Extra grooming may be needed before each ring in the show hall, especially for longhair kitties.

Check out the CFA site for more information.
Showing Household Pets specific to HHPs.
Ready, Set, Show general information to get started showing

If you PM me I can help you find a show and walk you through the procedure to enter your kitty/kitties.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
No... I got sick, so we didn't make it there. Maybe next time!
That's too bad. There's another CFA show in Mesquite April 18-19. I plan to be there with Charlie and my Abyssinian girl.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
With all the CFA cat shows canceled until the end of May the show year is effectively over. Charlie managed to make it to 10th Best HHP in region in his very short show year. :bunnydance: Hopefully he'll do just as well once we can start showing again.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! In my opinion, I think it may be longer than the end of May. Our show manager and board are having a meeting Monday night to plan for that event. Our show is in August.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
My club's show was supposed to be in May.
Our regional show/banquet is scheduled for the last Saturday in June. Hopefully we'll be able to have it by then.