New HHP show cat (kitten)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I took my new kitten to his first show and he did great. 21 Household pets present and in his first ring he got Best Cat! :cheerleader:

He ended up making 6 out of 8 finals. Two Bests, three 3rds, and one 6th place.

Of course I was too busy watching him play with the judges and forgot to take any pictures. :paperbag:

Here's a picture of him at 3 months, the only one I have on my computer just now. I think all the rest of his pictures are in my phone.
Charlie3months.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
That's fantastic! Congratulations! Do you have another show planned soon?
I'll be going to 2 shows in January. There are others in between but I can't afford to go to all of them, so I have to pick and choose. Besides, I don't like to stress my kitties with taking them to shows too many weekends in a row.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Good for him! He's a sweetie. What's his name?
His official name is Cheeto Charlie. Cheeto because the friend who bottle raised him said he loves cheetos. Charlie because I tried several different names and the one just seemed to fit. I call him Charlie. Or "you little :censored:" depending on what he's done.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I missed getting any pictures, but a friend took this one. Charlie (red tabby & white) was Best HHP and his sister Thumbelina (brown tabby) was 2nd Best HHP in the first ring of the day. It doesn't matter that he looks a little goofy in the picture, because he is a little goofy.
Best Charlie.jpg

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! Congratulations! I had planned to show Rain in her first HHP show this weekend, but unfortunately I managed to injure my bad knee again, and then got a respiratory bug so we're waiting until January for her "debut". Rain's "Official" name is Rainfeather. We're fans of the "Warriors" kids' book collection, so we gave her a "Warrior" style name, like the rest of our cats. Skye was also known as Skystar (she was the leader of our "clan" so she got the "-star"), and Schrodie is Leafshadow, Tara was Cloudpelt, Kirchen was Snowshine, Kepler was Frostfur, etc...

Way to go, Cheeto! :cheerleader:

Last edited:

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I thought of taking the darker cat or even both of them to a show for household kitty. They are both rescues, they don't have papers. What website do you go too? How do you find out what to take to a show. How do the cats use the bathroom while they are there? I always wanted to know that.
Do you groom them after you arrive?