New here with a question!

Blügirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I adopted my first kitten 10 weeks ago her name is Blü! She’s a mixed breed her mom is somewhat a feral tortitabby and her dad is a big orange tabby boi whose super cuddly anyway they’re outside pets(owner’s business) and somehow Blü came out lynx point siamese! Heres a baby picture ^u^
402D571E-07C7-44CC-B8DC-E559F6728011.jpeg

And here’s another cute one
2FCE0B21-F37D-447E-85DD-1032E8AC18BD.jpeg

So precious >u< anyways I really do hope that the owner who is an acquaintance of mine will spay/neuter her parents seeing kittens be born and momma cat going through all that multiple times is pretty sad I just want anyone to know that I do not support those things and I have no control over it as well adults make their own decisions.

On to my question-_-‘

My sweet Blü is changing a lot you guys! She’s gone from gray white and cream to a more orange point her nose has even gone from black to a rusty orange color and I’m a bit concerned about the nose change. I don’t know what it means and I cant find any answers^~^ if anyone here has any idea what this could be please do share your opinion!

Then:
04F26370-D5C4-4BD3-9E45-A8C1E6972F83.jpeg

When I noticed:
2A8F45FC-7CDA-4DAD-B1D7-6398B7B464B6.jpeg

Today!!
image.jpg

she’s now 13 weeks old!!

Thank you!!

KelseyKatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is soooooo beautiful. She looks like my first girl Bubbles. In my experience with my siamese lynx point, it is very normal but maybe someone else has input? Enjoy your sweet little girl!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, she's so pretty!

If the mother was an outdoor cat there is a good chance that she mated with several toms, so the ginger tom might not be the father. I'm no expert on cat genetics, but I bet lutece lutece or StefanZ StefanZ would be able to tell you more about this.

Pointed cats tend to change colour a lot as they mature. I have two pointed cats who were almost white when they were kittens but are now really dark. I bet Blu will change a lot as she grows up. Take plenty of photos! It's fun to see how they change

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pointed kittens start out white (because the womb is warm and prevents the enzyme that produces the points from working) develop their points on the cooler regions of their body as they mature, the tail, feet and legs, ears, and nose. It also prevents the layer of color to develop on the iris of the eyes, so some shade of blue comes through. Both parents must carry the pointed gene to produce a pointed kitten. It is not uncommon at all to have orange mixed in the points, just as tabbies often have orange mixed in their colors. ALL cats carry the tabby gene, you can see it on the legs of your precious little one and in the 'M' on her forehead between her eyes. The points develop and the coat darkens to about a year of age, so changes can still take place in your little one. The pointed gene originated in Siamese and Asian breeds, so your little one may inherit their personalities too. She will very likely be very 'talkative', people-oriented, stubborn, and very intelligent, I know all the pointed cats I have had were! The ones I have had had a slightly;ly different texture to their fur than regular cats, and an 'odor' to their skin that was different, not unpleasant, just different.
She will be a force in your life, enjoy her, she is a beautiful little girl!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a new cat parent. :bouquet: Blü is absolutely adorable. :catlove:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
PreciousPetsCatsHello.gif
Blugirl and cute kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
68ae3a05b59600a393f84b44e8c9c352.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont think she ever was orange point. She is a brown tabby point darkening up with age, as points do. The rusty orange you see on her as a liittle older is the usual warm reddish nuance common on brown (black) tabbies.

Both her parents do carry the point gene. In her these genes met and doubled up become visible.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and that adorable Blu! It is perfectly normal for pointed cats to go through color changes as they mature. Your little girl is just maturing. She's GORGEOUS, regardless!