New here, hello!

Skyye

Cat obsessed Digital Artist, mom and a meowm (-:
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! My name is Skyye and I am new here! Been lurking this site for a few months now looking at everyone’s cute kitties, debating on if I should create an account. Well I think now is the time, my cat mated May 22 with my other cat Banddit(neutered about two weeks ago now so yay! Lol) a little backstory on Banddit, he loves to jump on shoulders and is obsessed with human food, very misbehaved little heffer lol! He got out last winter (December 2020) and we hadn’t found him til the beginning of May(2021), Starface (the one pregnant), had to warm up to him as she was alone in the room since at the time I lived with my mom so she had to stay isolated in there since I’d found her at my fiancé’s moms living under her trailer :( very anxious kitty. Anywho, well a few days past and she mated with him on May 22, that is all I know, not sure if she did the deed sooner or not but if so, Shes WAY overdue now. She was due the 26 of July as far as I know, and she’s currently four days over her due date! -_- I heard some cats can hold off til’ the 70th day but everytime she has any sign of labor (excessive licking, meowing, nesting, she’s got huge memory glands), she’s back to sleeping peacefully and still eating a TON, seen the kittens being super active a few days ago but still nothing!! Very frustrated about it and can’t get her to a vet since we just moved into our own home so very poor atm trying to get things we need including their stuff and such. (We also have a ten month old baby who LOVES the kitties btw she is my lovely baby girl (-: ). Anywho, any tips on inducing or anything like that, maybe help her start labor? Other than that problem, I am 19, a first time mom and engaged <3 I love to digital draw (mostly cats, will show my art at some point when my power cord comes!), and I love to also write books and read :3 Starface is a calico, and Banddit is all grey! I’ll show pics soon , my phone storage is full so it won’t let me use anything in my gallery (,:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skyye

Kitten
Purraise
Got some cute pics of the love birds together! They’re so cute <3 they’re inside cats btw (-:

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skyye

Kitten
Purraise
The boxes are to keep them from under the bed btw xD

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
e077913a491397be26e556f2f1d7e666.gif
Skyye, Banddit and Starface, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
19c3f133001584443cf2de73b0583333.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely cats you've got here and nice lovely cat love tail :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

Do post more photos of them and we have a special thread just for them her in post-pictures-of-your-precious-blue-gray-maltese-cats-here.274478 and post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Your kitties are lovely, and it's easy to tell which one is the mom-to-be. ;) I would suggest creating a thread about her in our Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care as this forum is more social, and the folks who can advise on pregnant cats, might not see it. Good luck. Hope the kittens are born soon.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hardest part of having kittens is the wait! They are both absolutely beautiful, I wish you well in the future.
Kittens come when they come. Premature kittens, even by only a couple of weeks, do NOT do well at all, so really, the longer the better. It will be very close now. if she wants you there, sit quietly with her and give her encouragement, first-time moms are sometimes overwhelmed with fatigue and can not pay attention to what is happening. Make sure each kitten has the membrane removed from its face, and stimulate it with a warm wet washcloth if the mother doesn't start licking it. the umbilical cord should be attached to a placenta which the mother will eat. If she doesn't chew through the cord, it may be pinched/crushed apart with fingers or cut with scissors and tied off with a thread. About an inch from the abdomen. I bet everything goes well, they seem to know exactly what to do, good luck!