New Guy With Great Rescue Story...

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jack was my moms cat. When she passed 5years ago,my brother took Jack to his girlfriend's place. 2 years later,they broke up and she moved...abandoning Jack. Being an indor/outdoor cat,he fended for himself for several months before the neighbor called my brother to tell him Jack was wandering around. So my brother goes and gets him(Jack comes when called)and takes him to my sister's house.

I get a call from my sister,and am discussing what we are gonna do when my then girlfriend pipes up from the bedroom "We'll take him!" . I turn around and point out that we already have one rescue,and she/we had just recently agreed to take in another older beauty. She says "Are you talking about your moms cat,jack?"

I say "Yes."
She says "We'll take him."
My heart melts.

Bringing an old alpha cat into an apartment with 2 other wimpy cats made for some....uh,interesting situations. But my girl made it work,and now several years later she can't imagine being without Jack,and he is much kinder to Sonny and Pepe.

And tho we split up last year,my ex girlfriend and I have remained close enough for me to come stay with them all for a couple of days once a month. She knows my love for our furry boys,and would never keep me from seeing them. Jack is the greatest part of my inheritance,and I am glad to share him with my ex.

Proof positive that crazy cat ladies are the greatest gift for the crazy cat guy.

Thank you,Kim...for stepping up when my moms cat(and myself) needed you.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
724CFC92-CDD5-46DD-83C8-A1DA2C1A4E62.jpeg
Kreatorcat snd Jack, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
AFE47AA0-87DF-4010-ADE4-52354B3B130B.gif

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

What a fortunate car Jack is and thank goodness for crazy cat ladies :lol:

Please post photos of your kitties for us to see!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: And thank you for sharing Jack's story. He, and you, are lucky to have such a kind "crazy cat lady" in your life. Jack is lucky to also have a kind "crazy cat gentleman" in his life, as some couples can't even co-parent children, and you are co-parenting the cats. Good for you both. :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sing it, rubysmama rubysmama ! It is a pleasure to welcome someone who puts the wellbeing of their cat above anything else! We have a lot of members here, and almost every one of them feels that way! We are SO HAPPY to have you with us as well, Kreatorcat!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
That is a good story. It sounds like between the two of you, the three kitties are well cared for and much loved.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS and thank you for posting your "great rescue story." :clap2: I'm sure Jack appreciates everything you've done for him. We would love to see a pic or two of Jack when you have a moment. And, yes, crazy cat ladies and crazy cat guys are what this site is all about. :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I should note,the credit for the rescue goes to my ex girlfriend. And credit for us co-parenting is hers also.

I would love to post pics,but I use photobucket and they have new rules about third party hosting. And I am super computer illiterate. Hell,I still use a flip phone. We had a professional photographer shoot all three cats in bowties last year,great pics that make us smile. Maybe she will come on this site and post pics sometime. Or next time I visit we can try to figure it out. If so I'll make a new post with pics.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to post pics,but I use photobucket and they have new rules about third party hosting. And I am super computer illiterate.
Here is a tutorial on how to add a pic to your post, hope this helps:
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post

We would love to see the pic from last year of all three cats in bowties - hint, hint. ;)

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! Thanks for the info! These were the only pics I have on my tablet. The top is Sonny,our first rescue together. Jack is the elderly gent on the bottom.

Will ask Kim to email me the bowtie pics so I can save them and load them next.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oops,got them backwards. Jack is the blackish one on top.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jack is a gorgeous fluffball. And Sonny is a handsome fellow too. The bowtie pics sound adorable. Hope you'll be able to post them. :)

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty-mama with our first rescue.
imagejpg1_zps3f67f612 (2).jpg

The bowtie pics are now in the "fur pictures and videos only" area.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you were able to post pics.:thumbsup: I checked out your extremely handsome cats in their bowties, lovely pics.:camera:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack was my moms cat. When she passed 5years ago,my brother took Jack to his girlfriend's place. 2 years later,they broke up and she moved...abandoning Jack. Being an indor/outdoor cat,he fended for himself for several months before the neighbor called my brother to tell him Jack was wandering around. So my brother goes and gets him(Jack comes when called)and takes him to my sister's house.

I get a call from my sister,and am discussing what we are gonna do when my then girlfriend pipes up from the bedroom "We'll take him!" . I turn around and point out that we already have one rescue,and she/we had just recently agreed to take in another older beauty. She says "Are you talking about your moms cat,jack?"

I say "Yes."
She says "We'll take him."
My heart melts.

Bringing an old alpha cat into an apartment with 2 other wimpy cats made for some....uh,interesting situations. But my girl made it work,and now several years later she can't imagine being without Jack,and he is much kinder to Sonny and Pepe.

And tho we split up last year,my ex girlfriend and I have remained close enough for me to come stay with them all for a couple of days once a month. She knows my love for our furry boys,and would never keep me from seeing them. Jack is the greatest part of my inheritance,and I am glad to share him with my ex.

Proof positive that crazy cat ladies are the greatest gift for the crazy cat guy.

Thank you,Kim...for stepping up when my moms cat(and myself) needed you.
:heartshape::goldstar::clap2: