New Girl Scout cookie

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
New Lemon Ups:

They look interesting and worth a try :)

So who's buying Girl Scout cookies this year? Do you buy from a group selling outside the supermarket or other business or do your co-workers bug you to buy cookies to help their Girl Scout daughter's team?

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to get girl scout cookies from a friends daughter, but I don't know if she's in it anymore. Might have to look for another source. Shouldn't be too hard, they almost always camp out in front of one of our neighborhood grocers.
I love the lemon, mint, and the coconut cookies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't be buying any more Girl Scout cookies because I am retired. I don't really care for them. I used to buy them from co-workers to help them out and put the cookies I brought in the break room for everyone to eat.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lemon-Ups sound good. One of my co-workers girls sold GS cookies. I'll have to contact him to get an order in. Sure, I can get them from outside a store, but I'd rather buy from somebody I know because I'd rather help those girls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is this an American thing because I've never seen or been approached by little girls asking if I'd like to buy cookies.
There are Girl Scouts all over the world Global - Girl Scouts

The cookie selling is US only as far as I can tell. You can find a local "cookie booth" here: How to Buy - Girl Scout Cookies

No one I currently work with have daughters old enough for Girl Scouts. At a previous job, it turned into a fierce competition among the people who were selling cookies for their daughters and who could sell the most and could brag about. There was a "cookie booth" at the subway station earlier this week. I'll have to check when they will be back.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I won't be buying any more Girl Scout cookies because I am retired. I don't really care for them. I used to buy them from co-workers to help them out and put the cookies I brought in the break room for everyone to eat.
The prices are getting outrageous and the troops don't get much from it. I like the Samoas but Keebler has an exact replica that is available year round if I want some.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Found this on Girl Scout cookies being pricier in some areas now: Girl Scout Cookie Prices Are Going Up In Some Areas

I just remembered that a former co-worker's niece / cousin is in Girl Scouts. I can get cookies through her.

Yes, Keebler does have cookies that are similar to the Girl Scout ones. The Grasshoppers are nearly identical to the Thin Mints.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found this on Girl Scout cookies being pricier in some areas now: Girl Scout Cookie Prices Are Going Up In Some Areas

I just remembered that a former co-worker's niece / cousin is in Girl Scouts. I can get cookies through her.

Yes, Keebler does have cookies that are similar to the Girl Scout ones. The Grasshoppers are nearly identical to the Thin Mints.
I have always liked Keebler cookies, even when I was a kid. I just never cared for Girl Scouts cookies. I bet Keeblers are cheaper.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes the supermarket here has Keebler cookies 2/$5. So definitely cheaper than Girl Scouts cookies and available all year. Still, it's nice to support the Girl Scouts :agree:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I will once in a while pick up a box of thin mints when the girls are set up at the local grocer or thrift store, but usually I don’t buy otherwise.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The prices are getting outrageous and the troops don't get much from it.
:yeah: I completely agree. I had two daughters and ate enough girl scout cookies to last me a lifetime. :biggrin:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah: I completely agree. I had two daughters and ate enough girl scout cookies to last me a lifetime. :biggrin:
I used to be in a troop back in the day when we had to dress up in our uniforms and sell them door to door. Today, the parents are expected to do most of the selling. :rolleyes2:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually buy about 16 boxes of Caramel deLites (aka "Samoas") and nibble for months.