New Friend

emily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have had our cat, Harley, for several months now. He is a year old. We got him from the Humane society and they told us that Harley had a friend with him at some point and that he was very good with other cats. Yesterday, we got another cat from the Humane society and we have introduced them slowly at small increments of time. Harley is trying very hard to make friends. He even gave the new cat a bath. The new cat is 4 months old and he will play for a while and then he'll hiss and growl. Is this something that we should worry about right now or could they develop a friendship.
EMILY

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new kitties!

Just give them time. If Harley is already grooming the new cat, you have nothing to worry about! They just need to get to know each other a little more and then they'll get along just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HELP. THEY SEEM TO BE GETTING ALONG BETTER EVERY SECOND. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED!!

EMILY

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that it will take time.... it sounds like you are doing what you have to do! I remember when we got Gizmo and Scooter (seperately). When Gizmo arrived, he was 6 weeks old and Tigger used to growl - then Gizmo used to chase her around the cat crate and cat tree to play with her. Eventually, they became friends..... that is the same way Scooter played, too!

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emily - your post was here twice, so I have deleted the second posting on the same topic. Anne had responded there asking you not to use all CAPS when posting, as it is hard to read for many users.
Thank you.........
Deb M