New Foster Father needs a lot of advice

catmandon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone. This is my first post here and am very eager for advice! I have been a viewer for a while gathering bits of information from threads already posted but not are exactly my situation!

Okay so I have been a foster of one feral cat for two years. After a while another cat winds up in my backyard and brought her two (12 weeks old) kittens which are now 7 months old. Mamma got pregnant again and I have her five, five week olds. along with the other cats.

My first born, the feral one Tangie stays away and is often outside or only comes in if I’ve set up the others in their own area not to be seen or heard.

Jackie, the mamma I fostered is due to be fixed once she’s not breastfeeding but one of her kittens is vomiting what looks like cottage cheese or curdled milk. She is still playing and meowing, they haven’t started drinking water yet but I try to teach them. I assumed it was due to them inhaling a few pieces of litter so I took that out of their area it’s been a over two days without access to litter but she threw up again. I wanna make sure I do my best with these little ones and rear them into a new home.

Now that you have all the details:
Is this an emergency? Could this be because they ate something other than litter or is it cause no water? I have spent over 2000 in the last month on vet visit and some of them weren’t even worth it. I am not able to afford a visit for the mom and the babies — is there a service at the vet that covers that or is a separate charge for each cat?

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! :welcomesign:
If it is two days later and baby is still throwing up, then kitten needs some checking out by a vet. Most vets will just see the one and give meds for all of you explain the situation. Call the vet and let them know. Ferals tend to get things like worms but best to make sure it isn’t something else. Dehydration can set in quickly with babies. If it was something kitten ate two days ago, it seems like that would have been cleared out by now unless the baby is still ingesting it. Make sure you count all the kitties that have been around that one to make sure you get meds for all of needed. Check the poop too. Taking in a fresh poop sample can save you another trip. Hopefully just seeing one kitten will get this cleared up. I wouldn’t wait any longer though. Go ahead and schedule as soon as the vet can get you in. Babies are tough but things can change quickly if they get weak. You are so great for helping these kitties! Bravo! If you are a kitty guardian, you are a kitty hero!:clap2::goldstar: Please do let us know how the kitties are doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmandon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your advice!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s great!!!! So baby just had a bout of something. That happens and it is so good to hear that all is good there! That you for the update. BTW, if you can do it, we love kitty pictures here! ;)